Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

You just know that Vince Vaughn is going to knock this out of the **** park, be absolutely incredible in his role and almost, almost make you forgive him for some of the shite he's served up the last decade...

And then go back to making crap again.

This just can't possibly be better than the first season, I think the acting will be strong but season 2 will ultimately disappoint. 

agree about the acting but i think the base story (if not the individual character arcs) can be trumped

i also think its interesting that with his yokel look and the bolo tie i found it hard not to immediately associate farrells character with mcconaughey's character, something which if they are clever enough with the writing they can flip on its head

I don't think there's much point in comparing it to the first season, I'll be treating it like they were two separate shows. Hopefully it'll maintain the high standards the first season set and have a better ending, though.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Finished Fortitude series 1.

I was a bit 'meh' in the end. It promised so much more earlier on.

Been announced that a 10 part second series has been ordered

Community is really good isn't it?

Until season 3. It becomes self indulgent and more about the actors/characters and forgets about the script.

Just my view. I expect comedies to make me laugh, not just chuckle at crazy old Abed in his pretend space ship.

Community is really good isn't it?

Until season 3. It becomes self indulgent and more about the actors/characters and forgets about the script.

Just my view. I expect comedies to make me laugh, not just chuckle at crazy old Abed in his pretend space ship.

Pretty much the same from me.

First few seasons I reckon it's one of the best comedies ever.

But towards the end of season 3 it got boring. So much so that I've stopped watching it.

• Like 1

Whilst I've loved Better Call Saul, I was left quite unimpressed by the last episode.

Obviously this was the moment where Saul chooses the road he goes down.

I just didn't feel like the motivation was strong enough for him to make that decision. He was getting everything he wanted with the partnership at the big law firm, and he's thrown it all away to go back to being slippin' jimmy.

I know the 1.6 million that he mentions at the end is there as the motivation, i.e. he can get all that for not much work or he could work his arse off like a normal lawyer, but that's not strong enough for me.

In BB the motivation to "break bad" was huge and obvious. They've had to manufacture the motivation here. 

In a way I think it would have been better to not have that partnership at he big law firm on the table, then the motivation would be clear.

• Like 3

I actually agree with you on that, though I would say...

...that obviously the death of his old pal had a big effect on him and that, in part at least, going back to Slippin' Jimmy is a bit of a tribute to his memory. Also, I think he has a real problem with the 'legitimate' way the law firms he's been involved with work because it seems just as dishonest as the stuff he winds up doing, which I think he finds hypocritical, especially since Chuck is looking down on him for his past hustling.

I put his 'Breaking Bad' down to a combination of the following:

- Marco's death and how much he revered Jimmy's hustling. He was one of the only people to truly appreciate Jimmy's talents and for liking Jimmy's true self

- a means of giving a big FU to Chuck and his method of doing things which Jimmy sees as just as sleazy and underhanded as his hustling

- the fact he's the one getting shit on for trying to do the right thing and be a nice guy; and

- the sheer amount of money he could make, which makes the offer he's got on the table at the end of the season look like chump change

The motivation is there, it may just not have been made as obvious as it could have.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I agree with the above analyses, and I would add:

He's also been told so many times that he's no good, he's not a 'proper' lawyer, that it's undermined his already fragile self-confidence, and he's given up on trying to do it legitimately, and resigned himself to being a shyster and a crook. It's quite sad.

• Like 1

Many interesting points from all of you there ^^. Anyway, I enjoyed BCS a lot more than I thought I would and I'm really looking forward to next season.

The thing is i get all that. he's given up on doing it legitimately.

But the thing for me is he HAD done it legitimately. He'd made it. Then he's thrown it all away for that.

If he hadn't been offered the partnership at the big firm, then to me it would make a lot more sense. Because he'd have given up on making it legitimately because he'd always been thwarted

Â