Who will be England's best player at the world cup?

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Who will be England's best player in the World Cup?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be England's best player in the World Cup?

• John Terry
    • Ashley Cole
    • Frank Lampard
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Darren Bent!
    • Other - please specify WITH reason not blind faith in JM

It will be Milner and I'm not joking, should be an option.

This. I know everyone on here knows how good he is. But I think he's really going to surprise some people. If he isn't seen as one of the best 3 by the end of the World Cup I'll be surprised.

I voted for Rooney, but I honestly don't know.

I can see there being a surprise player making a huge impact.. Milner is a possiblity but, as has been said, if Ledley King can be fit for much of it he'll be invaluable.

lamps will star in tesco and pepsi adds, do plenty of interviews, even convince us he's the real deal in the 2 friendlies, only to go missing again in SA

its hard to look past rooney, but cole will play a massive part if we face some of the bigger teams ie him vs messi, ribery, robben, alves & maicon

unfortunately i think most teams will get wise to this and put the best wingers against johnson

I think Rooney will be our best player (*fingers crossed* he avoids injury) as he is, imo, the best player in our team - by far!

Other than Rooney - I think that Ashley Cole will have a good WC.

Guest Ricardomeister

If Heskey gets injured before the tournament starts then I would say Heskey!

Otherwise it has to be Rooney as he is a class above any other England player. If Jimmy can get into the team then he will do a solid job and won't let anyone down, but he firstly has to prove he is international class before he can be compared to at least half a dozen of the England team imo.

I think Adam Johnson, as if hes given the cahnce has that wee bit of imperious skill about him, he might come off the bench in the early games, but at international level you need that certain ability to produce something out of nothing (which i think hes got), and ive seen him improving, he seems confident not cocky and youth has no fear.

But of course I could be dead wrong.

I think it will be someone like Johnson or Milner as well.

Rooney will be well marked and Lapard or Gerrard don't turn up for England matches. It will be somone lesser know who will break through to the big time.

Rooney feels like the obvious choice, but I have a good feeling that Milner will have a big impact if he plays. Might be a little surprise there. I just hope that he's still a Villa-player after the tournament.

Over the weekend i bought SA 2010 on the PS3, quality game by the way and Emile Heskey was the star of the show, can see him scoring a goal or two if he plays.

Well then, Emile Heskey it is. Those video game folks are never wrong.

If Johnson is picked in the final squad i fancy him to be not only the surprise package in the WC but our most effective player, albeit coming off the bench.

This.

Oh how hindsight can be sow wonderful, Johnsons instead of Downing and we'd have been laughing all the way into 4th place this season.....in my opinion.....

Â