The New Condem Government

bickster

That would be the IMF whose opinion you deemed worthless when they pointed out the mismanagement of our economy by Brown

I'm sure they will be pleased to learn they are no longer on the axis of evil

Laughable again from Tory supporters to try and dismiss this news. Rather than react to this news you seem more keen to try and point score by telling lies against the poster. Why not comment on the subject rather than trying to deflect into one against a VT poster?

The clue is in the phrase "even the IMF".

They are a clueless bunch of incompetents whose main purpose in life is to act as cheerleaders for neoliberal governments, sacrificing any shred of academic credibility they might have fleetingly possessed in their youth for the diktats of the organisation and the political necessity to shore up imbeciles in positions of power.

Yet even they can't go along with Osborne's claims to be getting the economy back to growth.

By the way, newsnight have pointed out a word which (highly unusually for a Chancellor's speech) did not pass Mr O's lips today. It begins with "g". Can you tell what it is yet?

Is the word Gonad?

Again it should be noted that the IMF supported Gideon initially, the difference is that the IMF have changed their minds given the evidence, they've been doing this over the last year, as their world economic outlook report showed.

As Peter rightly points out the IMF have typically supported Gvmt's that have followed policies so loved by this one, and the point was that if they are now against Osborne, along with many in industry a lot of the Tory party backers and many many others, is there not a remote chance that Gideon has again been proven to be incompetent and inept?

Tony and other Tory supporters on VT will no doubt try and a) blame Labour and / or B) have some sort of sly dig at people who post thes views rather than try and defend the poor performance of Osborne. Reality is biting hard now and the worrying thing is that usual course of action will be for Cameron and Osborne, supported by Clegg to become even more vindictive in their polcies to try and salvage some personal face out of this. The simple facts are that they are in charge, they are **** up and they hurt a lot of people as they fail

Laughable again from Tory supporters to try and dismiss this news. Rather than react to this news you seem more keen to try and point score by telling lies against the poster. Why not comment on the subject rather than trying to deflect into one against a VT poster?

It's no lie and you well know it

I don't need to point score Im merely highlighting the inconsistencies in your views

I, for one, am simply fed up with how the UK is run. People who still think along party lines are holding the country back. The Government no longer works for us.

A wholesale change is needed. Not in a gather in the streets and set fire to some buildings way, rather a slow progressive move towards a fairer, meritocratic country in which; there is greater social mobility, the banks do what they are supposed to do, there is a solid safety net which isn't exploited, there is no bloody royal family, there is no widespread sense of entitlement, there are no illegal wars, the defence spend is used wisely, the fascination with and dependence on oil is replaced by research and development of sustainable/renewable energies, there are no tuition fees (social mobility), there are less monolithic supermarkets draining the life out of local buisnesses, there are less pubs closing down, there are no more public schools but rather a state system that works more effectively, the NHS is protected, there is no more lobbying, there are no more political parties, there are greater opportunites for graduates to find jobs rather than pissing around in unskilled labour for a few years until they get a break and finally 3pm saturday kick offs are enshrined in law.

Gets my vote. Where do I sign up?

It's no lie and you well know it

I don't need to point score Im merely highlighting the inconsistencies in your views

Tony you are telling lies and you know it. As many others have pointed out and as I did when Labour were in power the motivations of the IMF are pretty much in line with a lot of the typical policies of parties around the world such as the Tory one. That is a view that I, and seemingly others on here, still subscribe to. As a result of this mindset they are never going to speak in any sort of glowing terms about Gvmt's that differ from this view. The fact that they now are damning about Osborne is a clear indication that there is something fundementaly wrong with his policy.

There is no inconsistency in my view on that as well you know. I would suggest that much like the Tory party you support you are U tutning to try and suit a particular opportunity.

Why not comment on your views to the IMF views that we will now have a "negative growth" as one of the Tory party members tried to spin it this morning?

Interesting stat re MP's has come out today and their apparent willingness to own more than one house and then rent them out. Considering the expenses fiasco and tis Gvmt appalling record on housing it's good too see that so many still stick two fingers up at the UK population (aka plebs)

A quarter of Conservative MPs are private landlords, according to research for an independent campaign group.

PricedOut, a group which campaigns on behalf of first-time house buyers, found that 83 out of 305 Conservative MPs are supplementing their income through private tenants.

Only 12.5 per cent of Labour MPs and 15 per cent of Liberal Democrats own properties that they rent out.

Across the parties, more than half of the homes owned were in London, where private rents are highest.

The group found several examples of MPs owning more than one rental property. James Clappison, Tory MP for Hertsmere, topped the charts, having been found to own 26 homes he rented out across east Yorkshire.

‘Not only do MPs enjoy taxpayer-funded second homes, many of them also have a portfolio of rented houses too,’ said Katy John, a spokesperson for PricedOut. ‘Many first-time buyers are trapped in the private rented sector, 94 per cent of whom would like to buy their own home.

‘Tenants in this country face some of the worst levels of housing security in Europe. First-time buyers desperately need house prices to fall to more affordable levels, but landlord MPs at the very top of the property ladder have a vested interest to not let this happen.’

The key to removing these idiots is precisely by attacking their sheer incompetency. The front bench is woefully underqualified for the role, I mean, I'm more qualified than the **** chancellor ffs.

The problem is that the alternative is hardly a great bet and their competency hardly there.

What's wrong with being a private landlord?

What's right with them? Even the classical economists like Adam Smith and Ricardo had immense problems with landlords, not to mention Marx.

To paraphrase Smith:

"Landlords love to reap where they never sowed"

I do believe that this country needs to move away from a culture of home ownership. We need a more 'German' perspective, but that would require the government to cut the heads off of many landlords.

Tony you are telling lies and you know it. As many others have pointed out and as I did when Labour were in power the motivations of the IMF are pretty much in line with a lot of the typical policies of parties around the world such as the Tory one. That is a view that I, and seemingly others on here, still subscribe to. As a result of this mindset they are never going to speak in any sort of glowing terms about Gvmt's that differ from this view. The fact that they now are damning about Osborne is a clear indication that there is something fundementaly wrong with his policy.

There is no inconsistency in my view on that as well you know. I would suggest that much like the Tory party you support you are U tutning to try and suit a particular opportunity.

Why not comment on your views to the IMF views that we will now have a "negative growth" as one of the Tory party members tried to spin it this morning?

For one who gets so indignant on this forum your pretty quick to throw accusations and names about ..

you posted quite clearly that the IMF opinions were worthless when they criticised the Labour government , the question I asked was why you suddenly place such credence in their opinions now ... accusations of lying etc aren't answering the question .. one would even say it could be called "deflection" :-)

I'm reading the story about the IMF now , perhaps you could link the parts where they are "damning about Osborne" as i can't even see his name in the articles I'm reading

in fact ,the web page I've just read contained this

But while some have said the IMF's report is a signal that the Government should abandon its austerity policies, the fund continues to approve the coalition's plan.

damning stuff indeed :wacko:

There is no inconsistency in my view
I'm not sure how you mange to sleep at night :)
  • Like 1

It depends on the landlord doesn’t it I suppose? But I don’t see the issue in offering a house at a rack rent less than a mortgage repayment. It should give the tenant the opportunity to save for a deposit at least.

I suppose I’m talking fairly narrowly in my experience here and I would imagine it differs in London or the North West with 99 year lease at the opposite end of the scale/argument.

Â