Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

He only has one year left on his contract, so you're right...maybe we could get him for 5 or 6m.

I don't think he's washed up. Last year everyone in Madrid was obsessed w Lass Diarra. He fell out of favor as the season went on, and Pellegrini didn't play M. Diarra much. I think before he moved to Madrid he was rated as one of the top 5 Defensive Midfielders. His only injury was the knee, and he seems recovered from that. It was nearly two years ago. I say we put in a bid, Madrid is looking to offload him. What else do the Villa have in terms of destructive, defensive mids?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MM may not be around, but I have just come across some news I believe to be 100% accurate:

This transfer window, we will be looking at buying footballers.

Carry on.

I know i am probably talking a bit football manager for everyone on here but i will try and be deadly realistic. Man City are buying and buying yet they can only register 25 people, and they have a squad of around 33, 35? So realistically thinking, fringe and unneeded player will be looking to get out as if they are not registered they will not make a appearance for the whole season (unless registered in January blah blah blah). So if MON was a half decent negotiator we could bag the 25m of Milner (minus salary of 50,000 to the wage bill), bag the money from the fringe players being sold, which would be around 10m (minus around £220,000 from the wage bill) and look to push on...

Man City possibilities:

Ireland - 7m (wage 50,000)

Onouah - 5m ((sp) wage 30,000)

Other Possibilities:

Parker - 10m (40,000)

KPB - 5m (40,000)

Keane - 7m (50,000)

Spend: 35m - 34m = +1m profit.

Wage Bill: 220,000pw - 210,000p2 = saving of 10,000pw

Why is it that MON seems allergic to the transfer market?

He is very reluctant to be active in the transfer market and that is bloody obvious because he has constantly made it clear that he dislike it. That is not a good side to have if you are a manager in the Premier League.

No he is moaning about that he needs to look for a replacement to Milner if he leaves...wow..we should´ve had a few players in already...let alone a back up for Milner that can do the job when he leaves. It doesnt need to be a last minute fix from Wigan or Scotland!

Transfer times kills me with MON as manager for Villa...boring at the very very highest level.

I know i am probably talking a bit football manager for everyone on here but i will try and be deadly realistic. Man City are buying and buying yet they can only register 25 people, and they have a squad of around 33, 35? So realistically thinking, fringe and unneeded player will be looking to get out as if they are not registered they will not make a appearance for the whole season (unless registered in January blah blah blah). So if MON was a half decent negotiator we could bag the 25m of Milner (minus salary of 50,000 to the wage bill), bag the money from the fringe players being sold, which would be around 10m (minus around £220,000 from the wage bill) and look to push on...

Man City possibilities:

Other Possibilities:

Parker - 10m (40,000)

KPB - 5m (40,000)

Keane - 7m (50,000)

i think your salaries are well out. Believe Ireland to be on around 80k, Keane 65k and think Parker in his last big contract would expect to be around our top earners (probably 65k) and West Spam would want more than 10m. Think you probably need to factor in a few mill a piece signing on fees as well.

The general has stated that one of our aims is to reduce the wage bill. Signing your 5 players (decent earners) and selling one would probably not help with that.

I predict someone will say, "Easy this managing lark!".. but I like your thinking VERB (apart from Scott Parker. He'd cost too much and is too old. Swap his name for Witsell for £5m or Flamini for a similar price and we'll be sorted for the season !)

Man City possibilities:

Other Possibilities:

Parker - 10m (40,000)

KPB - 5m (40,000)

Keane - 7m (50,000)

i think your salaries are well out. Believe Ireland to be on around 80k, Keane 65k and think Parker in his last big contract would expect to be around our top earners (probably 65k) and West Spam would want more than 10m. Think you probably need to factor in a few mill a piece signing on fees as well.

The general has stated that one of our aims is to reduce the wage bill. Signing your 5 players (decent earners) and selling one would probably not help with that.

Fair enough, the past 4 days of constant football manager must be taking toll on me as i search for some real transfer activity from the villa :/

He is very reluctant to be active in the transfer market and that is bloody obvious because he has constantly made it clear that he dislike it. That is not a good side to have if you are a manager in the Premier League.

No he is moaning about that he needs to look for a replacement to Milner if he leaves...wow..we should´ve had a few players in already...let alone a back up for Milner that can do the job when he leaves. It doesnt need to be a last minute fix from Wigan or Scotland!

Transfer times kills me with MON as manager for Villa...boring at the very very highest level.

I think we might need to wait for a few players to be sold, or just Milner, before we buy new players - not for transfer funds but to ensure that the wage bill doesn't go through the roof!

Also, if you check any of MysteryMan's comments from the last few weeks, the insight is that MON prefers to buy players near the end of the window to ensure the price is as realistically low as possible.

Be patient. :winkold:

I think we might need to wait for a few players to be sold, or just Milner, before we buy new players - not for transfer funds but to ensure that the wage bill doesn't go through the roof!

Also, if you check any of MysteryMan's comments from the last few weeks, the insight is that MON prefers to buy players near the end of the window to ensure the price is as realistically low as possible.

Be patient. :winkold:

If that is the truth...then it is a lousy tactic. Not many clubs sit on golden "left overs" at that time and some are quite reluctant to sell.

No I dont buy that...MON has huge problems with the transfer market and when he has come to a point where he need to act he go british to play it safe. There is no spark...no edge...with his signings...just a grey hopeful bunch of honest players or whatever he brands them.

James Milner and Ashley Young has been great signings, but the club cant keep it up and they know it. Therefore we are in huge risk of being in a position where we will lose our status in the Premier League. MON will have huge problems to buy good quality players that will be as good..or better..than Milner/Young. He dont look abroad so he will have a giant mountain of anxiety to climb now...and he knows it. That is why there is statements from him now that points at him wanting fans calm and patient..as usual.