Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his record at Tottenham and Derby tells us all we need to know.

Not really. You're talking 5 years ago while he was still developing.

From a guess, he went on loan to Derby and looks like he did ok. He suffered loads of injury problems according to wiki.

I mean he could be gash, but it's better than the usual tripe in this thread.

I think his record at Tottenham and Derby tells us all we need to know.

No it doesn't, he never got a chance at spurs and he did well at Derby but his progress was halted by injuries, he's a very good footballler who I think would flourish here

Tottenham signed him, didn't fancy him then loaned him out to Derby where he did OK, I've seen him play a couple of times and he didn't look like he was anything other than ordinary.

Afonso Alves anyone?

Martin Jol signed him for Tottenham because he was out of contract. He was 4th choice there and couldn't get a game.

It's a typical sign of moving abroad too young. He was not even playing in the Eredivisie but Jol saw his potential.

When he came back to Holland he got a terrible injury which ruled him out for the whole season. That's the only serious injury he has ever had. Louis van Gaal picked him up at AZ for a lot of money and he has banged in goal after goal and he creates a lot as well.

He's got unbelievable technique. I don't think there are many players in the Eredivisie or Premier League that can do more with a football.

It's pretty easy to mention Afonso Alves or Mateja Kezman because they didn't succeed (even though they are still good strikers) but Forlan didn't make it either. I could name you 20 world-class strikers who did make it coming from the Eredivisie

El Hamdaoui was Eredivisie player of the year as well in 2008/09

For that money its a relatively low risk signing, and the type of 'risk' I would like to see Villa take.

Feyenoord- what's your opinion on Brian Ruiz? He seemed to be doing great things in Holland, what about him? worth a punt?

oh well...

BLACKBURN Rovers have this morning denied reports that they are interested in Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey.

Rovers have been searching for a forward all summer and made a bid for a front man yesterday.

The club are keeping the player's identity a closely guarded secret for fear of jeopardising the deal but it is understood the striker in question is not Heskey, who is not on Rovers' shortlist this summer.

For that money its a relatively low risk signing, and the type of 'risk' I would like to see Villa take.

Feyenoord- what's your opinion on Brian Ruiz? He seemed to be doing great things in Holland, what about him? worth a punt?

He was scoring very important goals last year indeed. I dont think he is well suited for the Premier League. He's not very quick and I don't think he can handle the extremely high tempo. He is a real Primera Division player. A club like Valencia, Sevilla would suit him well.

Not worth a punt. He's not a real striker also...more a left/right winger.

We seem to be liking our Moroccan links this window, first Boussoufa and now El Hamdaoui. It'll be just like the good ol' days with Hassan Kachloul and Mustapha Hadji... actually, I don't remember those days being so good. :shock:

We seem to be liking our Moroccan links this window, first Boussoufa and now El Hamdaoui. It'll be just like the good ol' days with Hassan Kachloul and Mustapha Hadji... actually, I don't remember those days being so good. :shock:

They will be if you sign both. Boussoufa is a cracking right footed left winger.

Cracking, yup. My concern is his size, he's practically dwarfen. Like Jay Tabb sans the fat.

I am rather interested in hearing your thoughts on Stefan De Vrij, he actually got a few games in the Feyenoord first team last seasons didn't he? Feyenoord seem to have a number of promising youngsters coming through of late.

Cracking, yup. My concern is his size, he's practically dwarfen. Like Jay Tabb sans the fat.

I am rather interested in hearing your thoughts on Stefan De Vrij, he actually got a few games in the Feyenoord first team last seasons didn't he? Feyenoord seem to have a number of promising youngsters coming through of late.

De Vrij looks a very mature player for his age. Does nothing fancy at all but is just extremely reliable. He played 20 odd games at right back last year and I cannot remember him making a mistake. Very impressive considering he turned 18 a few months ago.

He'll be there when we meet next week in Portugal because he pulled out of the Holland U19 squad with a slight injury. Our youth academy is indeed very special...best in Holland by far in the recent years.

Mahmadou(sp) Diarra should be available now from Real Madrid. They've got Gago and Lass Diarra and have now signed Khedira. I read in Marca that Madrid want to get something back from the 28m euros (ripoff) they paid for Diarra. I think he's over his injury problems. He hurt his knee in the middle of the 2008-2009 season and has been stuck behind lass, xabi alonso..etc.

If we could get him for 10m I think he could turn into a steal.

Mahmadou(sp) Diarra should be available now from Real Madrid. They've got Gago and Lass Diarra and have now signed Khedira. I read in Marca that Madrid want to get something back from the 28m euros (ripoff) they paid for Diarra. I think he's over his injury problems. He hurt his knee in the middle of the 2008-2009 season and has been stuck behind lass, xabi alonso..etc.

If we could get him for 10m I think he could turn into a steal.

10 million??

That's crazy. He's not even worth half that. He is 29 and been injured for a long time and unwanted. There are plenty of better players out there.