Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I don't think it paves the way at all. I think it's McCarthy creating a brilliant partnership. Now whether he can hang onto Doyle is another thing, but I don't think signing Fletcher in any way expedites Doyle's departure. Doesn't bode well for Ebanks-Blake though.

Aye, think similar myself. Doyle does the donkey work and chips in a few, Fletcher plays off him and becomes their main scorer.

Maybe. But still, not a bad partnership I'd guess. Cerainly doesn't mean we're going to be gunning for Doyle.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a feeling its going to be a very quiet summer for us!really do hope not tho

Very surprised you think that given Shorey, Sidwell, Luke Young, Beye are all likely to go and likes of Milner and Luke Young might aswell.

So we're going to have to sign some replacements for them?

I don't think it paves the way at all. I think it's McCarthy creating a brilliant partnership. Now whether he can hang onto Doyle is another thing, but I don't think signing Fletcher in any way expedites Doyle's departure. Doesn't bode well for Ebanks-Blake though.
this, we didnt buy young then look to sell him once we had downing so why automatically think wolves will sell doyle now they another striker? Iwelumo has gone too

got a feeling its going to be a very quiet summer for us!really do hope not tho

Very surprised you think that given Shorey, Sidwell, Luke Young, Beye are all likely to go and likes of Milner and Luke Young might aswell.

We have 2 Luke Youngs?

We might as well keep one of em

this, we didnt buy young then look to sell him once we had downing so why automatically think wolves will sell doyle now they another striker? Iwelumo has gone too

no way are a team of wolves' stature going to keep 2 strikers of that quality imo

no way are a team of wolves' stature going to keep 2 strikers of that quality imo

surely wolves buying players like fletcher and this van damme and the new stadium plans show doyle that money is there and they plan on going forward? as long as mick plays 2 upfront rather than 1 next season i cant see him going anywhere

Never under estimate the appeal of playing for a big club though

If us or Arsenal as rumoured but in a firm bid I'm sure Doyle would look to move on

hasnt doyle already said he isnt leaving wolves? was on SSN not so long back if he isnt paying much interest in joining arsenal or man united why would he be interested in us.

Kevin Doyle is paying little attention to rumours claiming he is a target for Arsenal and Manchester United.

The Irishman saw his profile rise considerably during the 2009/10 campaign, helping him to draw admiring glances from afar.

Doyle was one of Wolves' most consistent performers over the course of the season, helping them to comfortably avoid relegation out of the Premier League.

He has only been with the Midlanders since last summer, but that has done little to curb speculation regarding his future.

A number of top clubs are believed to have been impressed by his work rate and hold up play, with possible bids believed to be in the pipeline.

Confidence

Doyle is refusing to read too much into the stories, though, and claims he would be more than happy to start next season with his current employers.

He told Sky Sports News: "There is always a bit of speculation. It's good for your confidence but that's about it. I have no reason to think I will not be at Wolves next season.

"I have no reason to believe otherwise and I will be very happy if I am. I have enjoyed my year there so far. I think we have done very well and I feel I have done well there too. It's been a good year for me.

"I think everyone at Wolves has had a great season. We were favourites for relegation and we have comfortably, in the end, survived with three or four games to go and played some good football along the way.

"It's flattering to be linked with other clubs, it shows how well the club has done this season."

What a difference a year makes

we were linked with him when he was at Reading and I think 99.9% were against us signing him

now it seems quite a few favour signing him

Have we lowered our expectations ? or is Doyle suddenly better than we all thought ?

I still don't want Doyle. If we want to break into the top four then we need to start looking at a higher calibre kind of player. He would be a good squad player I suppose, yet I don't think he would be the solution to our goalscoring problems.

I still don't want Doyle. If we want to break into the top four then we need to start looking at a higher calibre kind of player. He would be a good squad player I suppose, yet I don't think he would be the solution to our goalscoring problems.

I'm not too excited at the idea of signing Doyle. He'd score goals for us but I agree with you in that he's not the higher calibre of player that we should be looking at.

If we keep Milner but sell the fringe players -

Sidwell - £4m ?

Beye - £1.5m ?

Luke Young - £4m ?

Davies - £6m ?

Shorey - £1.5m ?

NRC - £5m ?

(all random guesses..)

That's over £20m to spend (plus a possible addition from Randy of a few million).

I'd be happy with us spending £15m on a quality striker and £5m on a right back.

I'd even be happy with us keeping Cuellar at rightback or bringing in a cheap youngster like Clyne - if it meant that we could fork out £20m on a top class striker.

Have we lowered our expectations ? or is Doyle suddenly better than we all thought ?

Doyle has had a decent season with Wolves Tony so he is now proven and less of a risk. But, I would like to see us aim a little higher (OK a lot higher). :winkold: