• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • L Young (for Wrnick 41)
    • Heskey (for Carew 71
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 75)

I Don't agree with the service bit really. There was a number of times the movement was poor or a good ball into them just bounced straight back. The striker with the best movement unfortunately is Heskey who isn't good enough but he actually makes decent runs at times, infact 3 of his goals this season have been from clever through balls from Milner, so make the right run and the balls will get played through but our strikers usually are pretty obvious in their movement of either coming deep for the ball without any movement of going away therefore defenders can easily read situation or they run into channels. When do you ever see Gabby or Carew make a run across a CB and curve runs to get in behind. RARELY.

Firs thing Delfouneso did aswell.....ball at Luke Young's feet I think it was. Ran towards the centre back before spinning deep to make space for himself. Gabby and Carew both seem incapable of trying to mix their runs and well lose their man. It's frankly annoying. I don't mind with Gabby because he can also threaten in behind and although not today, usually holds it up but Carew is just infuriating to watch.

All can have a 5 apart from Downing who can have a 4

need a major rethink for next season ..yeah we came 6th but think that was as much down to other teams being inept as it was us being good

oh well here's to 3 months of transfer speculation of Europe's biggest names ..and then Boyd and Doyle signing ....

I Don't agree with the service bit really. There was a number of times the movement was poor or a good ball into them just bounced straight back. The striker with the best movement unfortunately is Heskey who isn't good enough but he actually makes decent runs at times, infact 3 of his goals this season have been from clever through balls from Milner, so make the right run and the balls will get played through but our strikers usually are pretty obvious in their movement of either coming deep for the ball without any movement of going away therefore defenders can easily read situation or they run into channels. When do you ever see Gabby or Carew make a run across a CB and curve runs to get in behind. RARELY.

Firs thing Delfouneso did aswell.....ball at Luke Young's feet I think it was. Ran towards the centre back before spinning deep to make space for himself. Gabby and Carew both seem incapable of trying to mix their runs and well lose their man. It's frankly annoying. I don't mind with Gabby because he can also threaten in behind and although not today, usually holds it up but Carew is just infuriating to watch.

The reason you never see Gabby doing what he should do, and that's run at people is because for some unknown reason he spend all his day backing into defenders, trying to turn defenders and holding up play, laying the ball of to bring midfielders in, I've been screaming that all season.

Trying to think of a goal this season where we have seen Gabby run and score, so much so his rating as the Premiership fastest player has been eclipsed by a good few, even Sol Campbell has been deemed faster this season than Agbonlahor over 100mtrs in game play. Some of Carews best play this season has seen him play right from his own half and although i take your point about Heskey i would differ in so much as i think Heskey main strength is his ability to be awkward and play the odd decent good ball, but lets be honest he isn't good enough for top half Premiership football IMO.

Strangely I found it quite emotional seeing Harewood clap the fans as they all walked around on their lap.

Brought back the memories of some of his goals.

Piss poor end to what has been a decent season.

Petrov worked his gonads off today and could have score a couple

great reception for luke young when he came on - played really well too. carew and gabby both had absolute mares unfortunately i thought and samba in particular coped with everything very easily. ashley should have seen more of the ball when he was on the right because he burned Givet every time he had him 1 vs 1.

still, this season has in my mind been our best for many years and i expect Martin will devise a new strategy for home matches next year. A plan for VP when we're facing crap opposition is what we need to take the next step as our away form has been superb again.

Milner MOTM. I made a point of watching how far he ran today, I'd love to see the stats and see how it compares to other members of the team, the amount of ground he covered was ridiculous.

Poor performance but a win wouldn't have made a difference as it happened so doesn't really matter. Shame Bouma wasn't on the bench to come on when Warnock was injured.

Surprised how noisy the Blackburn fans were compared to normal. I suppose it's because it's the end of the season. They usually only bring about twelve of them.

No craft, guile or intelligence from the midfield to the attack. No movement from the forwards even when someone in midfield is carrying the ball forward, make a **** run for the man with the ball. We need to work on our passing and moving or we won`t get any better than we are because we cant break teams down at home. We are just not enjoyable to watch at home in the slightest and its been like this for a while.

Why does Cuellar still get in at rb, L.Young played well when he came on today. Makes it hard for me to wsnt to renew my ticket again tbh.

Rob, just want to see if I got the right person.....was you wearing an army jacket thingy today?

No! :-)

Shocking game really. Blackburn didn't have a shot on target all game. How we got away with the Dunn booking for diving I'll never know, it was a stonewall pen for them.

Petrov was mom for me which sums it up as he does pass it backwards and sideways to much. We need to improve on him for us to get better next season. I think he'd be an excellent player to have on the bench to bring on to close the game out as he's so composed on the ball. What we need is someone with his ball winning skills but also an eye for a pass.

Or is it we have a good enough midfield but need strikers with better movement as the two we had up front today were awful. Not even kaka could conjure something for strikers that play as bad as they did today.

Special mention to luke young who I thought had a cracker. Wouldn't it be great to have Warnock and young as our full backs?

we were shite Cuellar was useless as right back, our fowards were clueless and our whole team this season has scored the same number of goals as 2 of the Chelsea team. It should have been two nil as well as Dunn was fouled and it should have been a penalty for blackburn not a yellow for Dunn despite how much I hate the idiot.

MON has no plan B. Bring on Heskey - F@@K Blackburn must be scared .... how the hell he gets picked for England is beyond me - he should be the first out the exit door. we have waited 3 years for a striker and the wait goes on. Two trips to Wembley this season but no goals scored from open play.

we need to get rid off....

beye, sidewell, harewood, salifou, heskey, etc and show some real ambition otherwise Young, Milner etc will be gone.

None of that team were fit to tie Milner's boots today. As someone who spends hours travelling to games and spending £££ bringing my two kids I think I am entitled to moan.

I am beginning to think MON has taken us as far as he can. I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

didnt watch the match, just seen MotD. Villa cost me £400 through not winning.

I am steaming. What an inept, useless, **** wank piss poor performance to add to an ever growing collection of pisspoor efforts at home. **** you martin, **** you, players **** the **** lot of you you ****, lazy, tactically decrepit timewasters. **** gobshite the lot of them. our best chance seemingly coming from our centre half having a shot and the rebound being ballsed up.

Could so easily be starting the season in July had liverpool not also been shit.

shite x1000 what a **** miserable end to the season.

We've finished 6th yet it feels like 16th so anticlimatic has the feeling been. Thank god no more football in ages, that brand of shit is something I won't miss over the next three months.

**** rocket polishers.

Friedel okay, not a lot to do.

Defence solid, except for goal. Yet again, Carlos showed he is an excellent defender BUT not a full back and Luke Young looked good when he came on.

Midfield looks wrong.

Just can't see how anyone can make Petrov MOM - he is our weak link for me. We lose tempo and drive when he is in there and he did nothing for me today. Looked knackered again second half and Milner had to do everything. One absolutely hopeless tackle on Dunne on the edge of the box which let him in for a goal scoring opportunity.

Gabby and Carew are not a pair.

MON showed his weaknesses again - poor selections and no ability to change the direction of a game.

just got back from birmingham. dire performance today, so disappointing. voted milner MOTM because he actually looked like he was arsed about it compared to some of the others. luke young was very good when he came on too. dunne and collins had fine games. not much for brad to do.

now i get pissed off with the incessant downing bashing on this site (and from the two blokes sat next to me today, every time the ball went within five feet of him they started moaning) but i thought he had a shocker today. gabby and carew were poor too.

just such a depressing way to end the season, and we are lucky that hull managed a point.

Rob, just want to see if I got the right person.....was you wearing an army jacket thingy today?

No! :-)

If you're on about the same bloke I think you are, (big hairy bloke wearing a combat jkt, always hangs around the Holte steps) I thought the same when I first saw him! :lol: