• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • L Young (for Wrnick 41)
    • Heskey (for Carew 71
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 75)

how about doing a bit of training ground practice on it until they get it right?

Crikey. One would hope they were doing that anyway!

you would think so wouldnt you, but it doesnt always look like it. when was the last time we took a corner or free kick that looked rehearsed? its lump it up for a free for all.

we have carew who is a quality experienced international striker but we cant put a cross on his head and fulham have bobby zamora who cant stop scoring.

Guest AV-Maloney-FC

i know it was a bad performance today but at least the scousers are crap.

for me, the players were acting ALMOST if MON had said hes leaving, therefore morales were down, leading to bad game.

new centre forward, RB, CM? and would love for MON to stay, UTV!

i know it was a bad performance today but at least the scousers are crap.

for me, the players were acting ALMOST if MON had said hes leaving, therefore morales were down, leading to bad game.

new centre forward, RB, CM? and would love for MON to stay, UTV!

And this is based on what exactly? The game was shit because neither team had any real incentive to win.

Downing is one of the worst buys ive seen in years. What a pathetic excuse for a player, he cant dribble, he never shoots, his crossing is poor and the worst of all.....he is so weak its embarrasing.

I'm starting to get really, **** p*ssed off at all the Downing-bashing on this site.

Downing was decent today and put in at least 4 top quality crosses. One was cleared off the line after Collins (I think) got a head to it, one just evaded Milner who was close to scoring and one forced a good save from Robinson in the top corner.

Weak? Yes.. he's a little bit light-weight and he has come back from a serious injury.. But I wouldn't say he was weak to the extent that it gets mentioned on this site. He went flying into some challenges Today. He flew into one and got a kick in the chest from one of the dirty Blackburn players.

All of you.. find someone else to moan about for once.

My MOTM is... ermmmm... Luke Young. No-one stood out Today and Luke Young played really well on his wrong side.

Milner was inspirational, as usual, but scuffed a couple of chances and passes. Petrov was infuriating with his want to get a goal and avoiding the chance to pass to others who were in much better positions. Ash was decent and put in some good crosses, Downing the same.

The ref, the linesman and the whole Blackburn team were awful.

Their goal shouldn't have stood because there was a blatant foul on Fonzie 2 seconds earlier.

The commentators were mostly saying everything I've been saying all season, why are we so lacking in fluidity going forward???!!! And when we do....even if on the edge of the box with a chance to have a crack...someone like Petrov will either stop and pass it backwards and sideways.

Oh...and Cuellar still isn't a right back.

Anyhow season over. Looking forward to the summer!

Well, poor, thats it.

Think there was a few faces there today for Villa that we may see running out against us next season, Milner will be of IMO, Ash Young, although have to say it i would be amazed if the top sides came in for him, another player that seems to have lost it to me is Downing, i did think another season, but i think this injury thing has really set him back.

For me the big news will be MON, without question hes done a lot in making the club stable again, and we have had some exciting moments and times, i just can't see where he goes from here within the club and i think thats what RL may be thinking.

Downing pathetic performanc again. Hardly surprising.

I thought he was one of our better players tbh.

And since when was Luke Young the next Cafu?

Downing pathetic performanc again. Hardly surprising.

I thought he was one of our better players tbh.

And since when was Luke Young the next Cafu?

Same here Milfner..

I think when some people hear something often enough.. they start to believe it. No-matter what happens on the pitch

The Downing criticism is becoming a joke. Everytime he did anything today the guy near me just slagged him off, he's the same with Heskey. It seems once people don't like a player that's the end of it, they aren't going to change their mind regardless. Just lika a few on here with MON.

Fantastic season overall. Terrible game today.

Not good enough. Example of why we are nowhere near good enough to worry the top four. Until we improve our home form and learn how to create chances other than putting crosses into the box we won't get better than 6th. Which is still better than I expected this year to be fair...

Well i can only make a comment for how i see Downing and i'm making it based not just today but his season (as we are at season end) and i just don't think he's shaping up to be the kind of player that will push us on to bigger and better things, however he is a good average player that gives a squad depth, problem is Villa IMO needs more than that, Downing wouldn't be my first choice, and we need movers and shakers in midfield, in defence and definitely up front.

We just need strikers. Our build up play at times is actually good but whenever the ball went into Gabby and Carew...

1. Hold up play was terrible.

2. No movement to drop off and run at defenders.

3. The ball went into them in the box, but both are too slow with their feet to take a quick touch and get a shot away.

Thankfully, I didn't care.

Look I like O'Neil, I think he has done a good job. But the simple reason why we have only won 8 home league games is because he has NO IDEA tactically on how to change a game whether it's personel or formation. What must he be thinking during the game????? Heskey for Carew, Fonz for Gabby.......Brilliant Martin!! So idea on changing formation, losing at home and persists with Carlos at RB who again was a **** embarassment in that position. Absolute shit! Why have we not brought the fonz on for a midfielder or even defender and go for it. Or simply load the midfield with 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 as Blackburn dominated that area. Unfortuntaly Mr O'Neill it comes across that you don't actually have a **** clue! Sorry, you have taken us higher than anyone else for a long time but eventually I feel you will also hold us back with lack of imagination. Liverpool won't put up with it for long I'm sure!

We just need strikers. Our build up play at times is actually good but whenever the ball went into Gabby and Carew...

1. Hold up play was terrible.

2. No movement to drop off and run at defenders.

3. The ball went into them in the box, but both are too slow with their feet to take a quick touch and get a shot away.

Thankfully, I didn't care.

Think we need more than that, IMO we will lose our midfield and although i agree with your point about our front men needing more, they also need far better service from midfield, which they don't get, this long cross and long ball whacked in all the time leaves a massive amount for any front men to do even Drogba would struggle.

I would love to see some stats in relation to how many goals have come this season through the centre, how many have come from shots from 18/25yds and then see how many have come from set pieces and crosses and long balls, the reason we score mainly on the break, mainly from the big ball in and mainly from set pieces is because we don't have the kind of creativity in midfield to do otherwise.

Agree about your point up front, however i think our midfield seriously lacks.

Look I like O'Neil, I think he has done a good job. But the simple reason why we have only won 8 home league games is because he has NO IDEA tactically on how to change a game whether it's personel or formation. What must he be thinking during the game????? Heskey for Carew, Fonz for Gabby.......Brilliant Martin!! So idea on changing formation, losing at home and persists with Carlos at RB who again was a **** embarassment in that position. Absolute shit! Why have we not brought the fonz on for a midfielder or even defender and go for it. Or simply load the midfield with 3-5-2 or 4-5-1 as Blackburn dominated that area. Unfortuntaly Mr O'Neill it comes across that you don't actually have a **** clue! Sorry, you have taken us higher than anyone else for a long time but eventually I feel you will also hold us back with lack of imagination. Liverpool won't put up with it for long I'm sure!

Agree with this, has MON ever substituted Ashley Young?