• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • L Young (for Wrnick 41)
    • Heskey (for Carew 71
    • Delfouneso (for Agbonlahor 75)

I don't want to get my head bitten off if I am mistaken. But I THOUGHT I breifly heard a chant of "We want the special one" yesterday in the Holte.

If so - I think that's a bit harsh on MON and disrespectful after what he has done for us.

If MON was to leave, then fine - speculate and chant anyone's name. But while he is our manager I think chants like this shouldn't be heard. He's brought us far and I'd hate to think that that could one of his lasting memories if he was to leave in the summer.

Like I said - I could be wrong (if so, good!) but that's what me and my mate thought we heard..

Anybody see the three chearleaders at the front in the Blackburn end? Very nice, especially the blonde.

Funny when the Blackburn fans chanted 'sit down shut up' and we chanted back 'stand up, tits out'.

I don't want to get my head bitten off if I am mistaken. But I THOUGHT I breifly heard a chant of "We want the special one" yesterday in the Holte.

If so - I think that's a bit harsh on MON and disrespectful after what he has done for us.

If MON was to leave, then fine - speculate and chant anyone's name. But while he is our manager I think chants like this shouldn't be heard. He's brought us far and I'd hate to think that that could one of his lasting memories if he was to leave in the summer.

Like I said - I could be wrong (if so, good!) but that's what me and my mate thought we heard..

pretty sure it was 'we have the special one', backing MON but i could also be mistaken.

Rob, just want to see if I got the right person.....was you wearing an army jacket thingy today?

No! :-)

If you're on about the same bloke I think you are, (big hairy bloke wearing a combat jkt, always hangs around the Holte steps) I thought the same when I first saw him! :lol:

That's him :lol:

About the game.

Well it was a complete non event wasn't it. But to be frank, it didn't matter so who cares.

The only thing it really proved is exactly what 41799 knew anyway.

1. Blance from Coronation Street is a better right back than Carlos Cueller

2. If we want to challenge Spurs, a better midfielder than Petrov is needed

3. If Wayne Rooney played for the Villa, he'd challenge Chelsea's 100 goal season on his own - WE NEED A GOALSCORER !!!!

Thought Dunne (apart from the OG) kept us in the game

Thought Carew was pants.

The rest were thinking of Barbados.

Apres - match

Is it just me, or is this lap of appreciation thing a complete let down every year.

Personally, I would love all the players / manager to be on the pitch , all in different locations and for the fans to be allowed on for pictures / autographs.

Lets face it - it would take a while, but not everyone would stay for it - maybe around 15k , 30 players , take about 1-1/2 hours and it wouldn't hurt them a little.

I was really disappointed. My daughter idolises Bouma, I was hoping to try and get him over to the Holte for a photo - no chance in hell !

ok to add to my earlier comment been 4 times to wembley in ten years and still not seen us score in open play which is not a stat to be proud of.

We need a play maker in midfield and a striker and have done so for a while.

ok to add to my earlier comment been 4 times to wembley in ten years and still not seen us score in open play which is not a stat to be proud of.

We need a play maker in midfield and a striker and have done so for a while.

Agree, I'm **** sick of going to Wembley and seeing us bottle it

About the game.

Well it was a complete non event wasn't it. But to be frank, it didn't matter so who cares.

3. If Wayne Rooney played for the Villa, he'd challenge Chelsea's 100 goal season on his own - WE NEED A GOALSCORER !!!!

Thought Carew was pants.

Apres - match

Is it just me, or is this lap of appreciation thing a complete let down every year.

Personally, I would love all the players / manager to be on the pitch , all in different locations and for the fans to be allowed on for pictures / autographs.

Lets face it - it would take a while, but not everyone would stay for it - maybe around 15k , 30 players , take about 1-1/2 hours and it wouldn't hurt them a little.

I was really disappointed. My daughter idolises Bouma, I was hoping to try and get him over to the Holte for a photo - no chance in hell !

Your joking right?

42,000 fans forming an orderly queue?

Even if 1000 stayed, it would be total chaos

About the game.

Thought Carew was pants.

Apres - match

Your not joking are you? Youve asked the general if its possible to organise it? Maybe we could queue up for rides in Milners' car too

Well put it this way.

17yrs ago, I had to organise ON MY OWN a signing at HMV Birmingham (Pavillions) with Take That - now that was Take That at their height of success - the Everything Changes album.

Now the queue of screaming girls / women, as well as gay blokes who just wanted to wrip the clothes off them and do unmentionables went up High Street, Up Corporation Street and into the OASIS market.And then there was the press and TV

Now I managed it - so I am bloody sure a multi million pound football club can organise something !!.

Oh , one regarding the match.

I see Petrov got most votes. People are kidding aren't they ?. He worked hard granted, but the whole problem was, they played 5 in midfield, we played 4, and Petrov / Downing were not good enough to unlock them.

How many times (and if Man U come in for Milner this could be in his thinking) was Milner in acres of space and actually screaming for the ball. You could see him with his arms outstretched shouting here - and Petrov just couldn't see the pass. Looking in hindsight, maybe that is where a Barry / Milner partnership could have been ideal (however, if Barry was still here, Milner would be on the wing !).

Petrov works hard, but his quality is of a mid table side. And that is the issue. I honestly am surprised so many people cant see it,

Well put it this way.

17yrs ago, I had to organise ON MY OWN a signing at HMV Birmingham (Pavillions) with Take That - now that was Take That at their height of success - the Everything Changes album.

Now the queue of screaming girls / women, as well as gay blokes who just wanted to wrip the clothes off them and do unmentionables went up High Street, Up Corporation Street and into the OASIS market.And then there was the press and TV

Now I managed it - so I am bloody sure a multi million pound football club can organise something !!.

Oh , one regarding the match.

I see Petrov got most votes. People are kidding aren't they ?. He worked hard granted, but the whole problem was, they played 5 in midfield, we played 4, and Petrov / Downing were not good enough to unlock them.

How many times (and if Man U come in for Milner this could be in his thinking) was Milner in acres of space and actually screaming for the ball. You could see him with his arms outstretched shouting here - and Petrov just couldn't see the pass. Looking in hindsight, maybe that is where a Barry / Milner partnership could have been ideal (however, if Barry was still here, Milner would be on the wing !).

Petrov works hard, but his quality is of a mid table side. And that is the issue. I honestly am surprised so many people cant see it,

You have just answered why it cant happen when you explain where the queue went. Im pretty confident you had a little help mate

Security wise yeah - HMV did that, but the organisation / the queue etc.. down to me.

But as I said in the Gens thread - an open day would be a better option.

Open the ground / have different things on the concourses / pitch.

4 stands / 2 tiers - 8 places plus pitch and two car parks - 11 places.

3 players / staff in each , various activities (pens / ball shooting / cross bar challenge - get the idea) , various prizes (new kits, even a ST for the Xbar challenge - you could have a shoot off for the successful ones).

Just statistcally, lets say 30k turn up (which they wouldn't but lets just over exaggerate it) , over a 6 hour period. 5000 per hour, 11 places to visit, around 500 people per hour per place. 3 "events" per places, around 150 people per event per hour

Very very easy - it isn't the Motor show they are organising !

I agree with your last bit about Petrov.

Don't agree with the queue thing, the lap of honour would be better if people actually bothered to stay around , build up a good atmosphere. Not sure what it was like last year when relegated Newcastle but there was only about 1/5th of the people left by the parade.

Rob, just want to see if I got the right person.....was you wearing an army jacket thingy today?

No! :-)

If you're on about the same bloke I think you are, (big hairy bloke wearing a combat jkt, always hangs around the Holte steps) I thought the same when I first saw him! :lol:

That's him :lol:

Thought so, I asked Rob the same thing a couple of seasons ago! :winkold:

Security wise yeah - HMV did that, but the organisation / the queue etc.. down to me.

But as I said in the Gens thread - an open day would be a better option.

Open the ground / have different things on the concourses / pitch.

4 stands / 2 tiers - 8 places plus pitch and two car parks - 11 places.

3 players / staff in each , various activities (pens / ball shooting / cross bar challenge - get the idea) , various prizes (new kits, even a ST for the Xbar challenge - you could have a shoot off for the successful ones).

Just statistcally, lets say 30k turn up (which they wouldn't but lets just over exaggerate it) , over a 6 hour period. 5000 per hour, 11 places to visit, around 500 people per hour per place. 3 "events" per places, around 150 people per event per hour

Very very easy - it isn't the Motor show they are organising !

You are clearly an organisational genius. I shall henceforth pay renewed attention to your posts, as it is clear you know what you're talking about.