Belgium outlaws the Burka.

MrWeedMcGrass

Should Belgium be reprimanded for this?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should Belgium be reprimanded for this?

• No , it is a valid security issue.
    • Yes, the Belgians are as xenophobic as the swiss

Article

The first European ban on the wearing of the Islamic burka in public is poised to come into force in Belgium. A parliamentary vote on a Bill which bans face coverings has raised fears among Muslim groups and human rights campaigners that other countries could follow suit. France is already considering similar legislation.

First Euro country to outlaw the Burka. First the minaret ban in Switzerland and now this. Looks like Europe is moving to the right with increasing hostility against muslim immigrants.

Thoughts?

Fair play to em, I wish that our spineless government had the bollocks to do the same thing.

I **** detest religion and everything that goes with it.

I'm with soon-to-be-ball-and-chained man :-)

Fair play to em, I wish that our spineless government had the bollocks to do the same thing.

I **** detest religion and everything that goes with it.

I'm with soon-to-be-ball-and-chained man :-)

I knew you'd have summit to say about it!

:lol:

You do realise this is supposedly a "christian" country right?

You do realise this only 'supposedly' a christian country? Really, its an atheist one.

You do realise I wasn't aiming that you do realise at any one person? ;)

No room for medieval practices in the modern world, regardless of how many angry extreme right wing muslims is pisses off.

I (mostly) agree with this statement. Unfortunately, things are never as black and white as that though.

Â