The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

So after watching him tear 'Gladbach a new arsehole (:angry:), I've been keeping an eye out for that Kiyotake chap 1.FC Nürnberg picked up from the J-League for the relative price of a packet of crisps and a choccy bar. Early days, but the words "next Shinji Kagawa" might be appropriate somewhere down the line.

They already used those exact words on the ITV Bundesliga highlights ;)

Quite a player though from the looks of it

There really is a wealth of Japanese talent in the Bundesliga, i guess something Kagawa/Klopp brought in with having such an impact, Inui of Frankfurt looks a player too.

Shame Dortmund are starting so sloppily, i'm sure they'll build momentum after the winter break, but they don't want to let Bayern get too far in front.

Feckin' Hamburg. Although Dortmund started slowly last year, I am slightly concerned as to whether they'll be able to catch up again. Bayern have a much stronger side than last year, too. And once again, we've been given a ridiculously tough Champions League group to get out of, which makes things bloody difficult. Grr.

The more and more I see of Mandzukic, the more I don't rate him. He's scoring goals but having seen the highlights from the last 3 or 4 games he should have scored at least a hat-trick in basically every game. Getting chances in the 6 yard box every 10 minutes. If Falcao was in that team he would score the same amount as Messi/Ronaldo. Bayern are looking imperious though this year and I can't see anyone stopping them, will go far in the Champions League again.

The more and more I see of Mandzukic, the more I don't rate him. He's scoring goals but having seen the highlights from the last 3 or 4 games he should have scored at least a hat-trick in basically every game. Getting chances in the 6 yard box every 10 minutes.

They've been doing it for ages with Mario Gomez - who is a shit footballer - so they might as well carry on doing the same thing with Mandzukic, who is probably slightly better.

Imagine falcao at Madrid or Barca :P

The thing is with Real and Barca is that that wouldn't suit him (as much). He is the best No 9 striker in the world, in the box. Real and especially Barca don't really play that way, whereas at Bayern it would suit him down the ground. With crosses coming in 24/7 from Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri, Lahm etc etc..

The more and more I see of Mandzukic, the more I don't rate him. He's scoring goals but having seen the highlights from the last 3 or 4 games he should have scored at least a hat-trick in basically every game. Getting chances in the 6 yard box every 10 minutes.

They've been doing it for ages with Mario Gomez - who is a shit footballer - so they might as well carry on doing the same thing with Mandzukic, who is probably slightly better.

So what's happened to Gomez? Is he just on the bench with MM in front of him?

The thing is with Real and Barca is that that wouldn't suit him (as much). He is the best No 9 striker in the world, in the box. Real and especially Barca don't really play that way, whereas at Bayern it would suit him down the ground. With crosses coming in 24/7 from Robben, Ribery, Shaqiri, Lahm etc etc..

Lol madrid are always swinging crosses into the box. Falcao would adapt trust me, he's that good. Would thrive at ANY club.

Yep.

Although I don't think Mandzukic is what Bayern needed, he's a good, strong hard working striker but all Bayern need is somebody to put the ball in the back of the net, seems like a waste of what he is. He was excellent for Croatia playing either just off of Jelavic or on the right.

Lol madrid are always swinging crosses into the box. Falcao would adapt trust me, he's that good. Would thrive at ANY club.

I'm not denying Falcao's ability. I said he was the best No 9 in the world. All I am saying is Bayern play a style more to his strengths than Real or Barca.

Â