The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

More shambolic use of VAR I'm afraid.

Ref blew for half time in Mainz-Freiburg. At that point with the players walking to the dressing rooms he decides to have a wander and look at a possible penalty incident.

Two minutes later he awards a penalty. Withh the freiburg team in the dressing room.

Five minutes later Mainz score the penalty and they all walk off for half time again.

It has to be better than this. The World Cup will be carnage.

Absolutely losing it's Mainz there.

That's utterly shambolic.  But it's the procedure rather than the system that's at fault here.  I think it will get better over time, but the inevitable pain has to happen at a lower level.  It can't be screwing up World Cups, Premier Leagues and Bundesligas while it finds its feet, figures out its scope and all the other stuff that goes into arriving SEAMLESSLY at the right decision.

Needless to say last weekend's Revier Derby was unbelievable, Dortmund look a shadow of their former self. However, was really impressed with what Tedesco has done with Schalke, they look determined in every deparmtnet, and despite not having the best players, they work hard for each other. The performance of Naldo at the back was incredible, McGrath like; every ball in to the box he was in the right place, every pass intercepted and his distribution was super, and he topped it off with a great goal from a free kick. Atmosphere as ever unlike anything you get in England.

• Like 1

That Jadon Sancho looks a bit good. Scored yesterday and set up a few. Never seen him before, but looks like a massive prospect, England should cap him asap I don't know whether he's eligible for anyone else. 

Looks like Man City have lost one there, apparently he left city due to lack of promised game time. He's only played a few games for Dortmund, but looks the part. Also, the confidence to do that at 18 is incredible, I think that shows that he's not happy to sign a huge contract in England and be forgotten, he wants to play and develop. 

Sorry if he's already been discussed in this thread...

Saw his highlights, its the quality that goes with those stats, his finish is superb, passed it in to thr bottom corner, the touch for the first assist and the inch perfect ball in for the 2nd

Glad he moved, hes not the only one, there was several last summer, think liverpool lost 1 to barca, arsenal lost about 4, reece oxford is also in the bundesliga looking to make that move permanent and lookman at leipzig

We need it to happen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best thing for the players careers and if resist temptation to go back to England for the money it will only improve them as players

Interesting Dale Jennings was one of first to make the move about 5 years ago to Bayern and looks like he went back to England and not got a club in 2 years

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

German clubs starting to buy young English players who are too far down the pecking order to get a chance at their age. Smart.

It’s great for them, they’ll get more chances over there and really develop. About time more English went abroad.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Set myself a challenge to follow a Bundesliga team this season but no idea who ? Ideally 'tourist' friendly as I wouldn't mind going out in the near future and catching a game.

2 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Set myself a challenge to follow a Bundesliga team this season but no idea who ? Ideally 'tourist' friendly as I wouldn't mind going out in the near future and catching a game.

Hertha. Cheap tickets, always get a seat and usually average

• Like 2

Takes peak at new tables.  Ugh. The one advantage of being in this garbage league this season is it kicks off early.  If we can't get out of the pissing 3rd tier then I'm going over there to give them a piece of my mind.  Actually scratch that.  I'll only end up having to do it knowing how shit we've been recently.

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

Takes peak at new tables.  Ugh. The one advantage of being in this garbage league this season is it kicks off early.  If we can't get out of the pissing 3rd tier then I'm going over there to give them a piece of my mind.  Actually scratch that.  I'll only end up having to do it knowing how shit we've been recently.

1860 there too, they got promoted after going lower

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1860 there too, they got promoted after going lower

What I'd regard as my 2 German teams.  I really am a **** curse amn't I ?

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 21:18, Warnock said:

Vfb Stuttgart - awesome city, great stadium and always good when you combine one of their games with their beer festival at the end of September. 

Â