The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It amazes me how well German football brings through young players. Bayern yesterday had Jamal Musiala playing and scoring at 17. Bellingham will get games this year a lot. They seem so comfortable introducing young players.

Yep its part of the cultures at the league, would Alphonso Davies have been given all that game time last season at City I dont think so. It also helps that a lot of managers in Bundesliga like to play attacking risk free football that is no fear playing younger players

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep its part of the cultures at the league, would Alphonso Davies have been given all that game time last season at City I dont think so. It also helps that a lot of managers in Bundesliga like to play attacking risk free football that is no fear playing younger players

Spain are seemingly the opposite, whereas draxler, Havertz and I think now sancho are all racing to be the 1st to 100 games as teenagers some of spains generational players were 20/21 when they broke through, they use their b teams 

Italy then had the weird Co ownership thing and now the mental amount of loans as they have no reserve league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Bellingham start and assist today.

Be great if giving the kids a chance catches on in the Premier League.

Dortmund's young (and English-born, strangely enough) attack is remarkable: Reyna (17), Bellingham (17), Håland (20), and Sancho (20) all looking like players who'll be playing at the top level for more than a decade to come.

1 hour ago, JamieZ said:

Dortmund's young (and English-born, strangely enough) attack is remarkable: Reyna (17), Bellingham (17), Håland (20), and Sancho (20) all looking like players who'll be playing at the top level for more than a decade to come.

I’m more shocked that Southgate continues to overlook Haaland. It’s a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m more shocked that Southgate continues to overlook Haaland. It’s a disgrace.

Perhaps it's because he's a capped Norway international. Southgate could technically still get Reyna, but he won't. Gio's American, through and through.

• Haha 1

On 19/09/2020 at 06:19, mikeyp102 said:

It amazes me how well German football brings through young players. Bayern yesterday had Jamal Musiala playing and scoring at 17. Bellingham will get games this year a lot. They seem so comfortable introducing young players.

Its much easier to blood youngsters when only two teams can win the league, and one of them notoriously doesn't have the consistency to do so. 

English teams can't take as many risks with young players because there's one of three or four rivals who can win the league.

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Its much easier to blood youngsters when only two teams can win the league, and one of them notoriously doesn't have the consistency to do so. 

English teams can't take as many risks with young players because there's one of three or four rivals who can win the league.

Why cant English teams take the risk? Bayern and especially Dortmund and Leipzig blood players all the time. Would United be worse from giving Tuanzebe a chance than paying 80million on Maguire for example

• 1 month later...

Alaba could be leaving on a free next summer, bayern have withdrawn their latest offer with rumours that he wants silly money

Not sure where he fits, no doubt will get a man City link, pep could have him playing anywhere, would be good for us with Luiz 

• 3 weeks later...

Youssoufa Moukoko turns 16 today and with that is eligible for selection for Dortmund. Would make him the youngest player ever in the league and it looks likely he will be in the squad.

Insert the "he's actually 25" conspiracy stuff :D 

640@60.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sne said:

Youssoufa Moukoko turns 16 today and with that is eligible for selection for Dortmund. Would make him the youngest player ever in the league and it looks likely he will be in the squad.

Insert the "he's actually 25" conspiracy stuff :D 

640@60.jpg

His father has refused an age test for him which isnt going to stop people questioning him 

• Like 1

Â