PL: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/05/09 16:00

limpid

Hopefully we're winning the game comfortably 2-0 or 3-1 and we can then bring on Bouma for the last few minutes.

If that were to happen, then it could be Bouma's last appearence for us.

I'm in agreement with those who say we should play our strongest team against Blackburn. Players, manager and fans should want to finish as high as possible in the table, especially with an extra month off up for grabs from the rigours of the Europa League, finishing in front of Liverpool and the extra money. It might also be the difference to attract the better player to the club in the summer.

There's quite a big difference between us finishing 6th and 7th. Finish 6th and we start a month later in the Europa League. With it being a World Cup year that shouldn't be under-estimated.

we start a month later? why?

There's quite a big difference between us finishing 6th and 7th. Finish 6th and we start a month later in the Europa League. With it being a World Cup year that shouldn't be under-estimated.

we start a month later? why?

Because we would go into a different round.

O'Neill will change nothing.
As ED said, why rest players when they'll have all summer? There really is no point resting the entire starting XI now.

Also, all these "O'Neill will change nothing" comments before every game are so tiresome. It's not always a bad thing.

Of course it isn't. Playing players constantly tired and knackered for a full 90 minutes, plus those players carrying niggles and injuries helps the team greatly.

To be perfectly honest I don't want to see that prick Stewart Downing until next season, and even then I'm not bothered if he turns up. Twunt.

O'Neill will change nothing.
As ED said, why rest players when they'll have all summer? There really is no point resting the entire starting XI now.

Also, all these "O'Neill will change nothing" comments before every game are so tiresome. It's not always a bad thing.

Of course it isn't. Playing players constantly tired and knackered for a full 90 minutes, plus those players carrying niggles and injuries helps the team greatly.

To be perfectly honest I don't want to see that prick Stewart Downing until next season, and even then I'm not bothered if he turns up. Twunt.

Downing seems to be your latest person to hate on. What has he done to offend you so much?

He has been absolutely piss since he started playing us. He never looks committed, at times it clearly looks as if he doesn't give a shit.

He has caused Warnock serious defensive problems, by constantly failing to help him out, leaving Warnock exposed on quite a number of different occasions.

His first ball in often can't beat the first defender, and he constantly pulls of tackles like a little bitch. And then we have Saturdays attitude which just topped it off. He actually stood and watched City score..he could easily have helped the lads out, but he stood there like a complete plank.

People can say he needs a pre-season. I don't buy that. I've never rated him that much as a player. For 12m its a joke.

well 6th is best we can hope for, no difference for 6th or 7th

i would try davies and dunney at cb see how they respond. give teh fonz a start too and play nrc ahead of stan.

also give guzan a game

There will still be a bit of chance of fifth place if Spurs win at Man City tomorrow (as I hope they do). We would need City to lose also at West Ham.

Anyway, even if we are only playing for 6th place, I would still want the best possible team to try to make sure of that.

Let's go for a heavy win to end the season on a high!

Friedel

L Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock

A Young Milner Stan Downing

Carew Gabby

Fonzie and NRC being brought on around 60/70 minute.

Downing to score and to silence the people who are angry that he's not Ashley "run past a player like a french-fancy then lose the ball" Young. (Although they will only be silenced until he has another average game).

Think we have to assume the best outcome for us in the Man City v Spurs game and so we go for it v Blackburn, but lets hope we get a good game of football, a lot of the matches( not just Villa) have been abysmal lately due to the end of season fitness, even so players seem very tired to me, dread to think how some will perform for England or how they will start next season.

I really want to win this game. Finishing 6th is a great achievement this season with the money spent by Man City etc. To finish in front of Liverpool would be great. Please don't blow it Villa. Finishing 5th would be even better but I expect Man City to beats Spuds to grab 4th.

Not sure why everyone is predicting a comfortable win for us here: Blackburn did beat Arsenal 2-1 the other day remember?! Plus they will want revenge for the semi final.

It is, however, imperative that we finishe above Liverpool so need a wn here, will be tough though I feel. Hopefully the villa fans will be in good voice to celebrate a fantastic season.

i'd actually like to see us experiment alittle. (not gonna happen) but i'd go for:

Friedel,

L.Young,Dunne, Cueller, Warnock,

Ash, Milner, Reo-Coker, Downing

Delf and Gabby.

The funny thing is, I reckon that's possibly the strongest team we could play in a 4-4-2.