PL: Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/05/09 16:00

limpid

Let's give some of the fringe players a run out and then all the players give the fans around of applause for their support this season. Living in the USA now I don't get to get back to watch games just watch them on TV; but I'm proud to be a fan after hearing you guys sing the Claret and Blue along.

Would like to see Guzan, Luke, Bouma, NRC, Albrighton and Delf get a run if they are all fit.

Have to agree a line up of

Guzan

Bouma

Young L.

Cuellar

Clark

Albrighton

Downing

NRC

Milner

Delf

Carew

Would be nice. Also involvement for Sidwell at some point. Let the fringe players know their efforts are appreciated, having said that there is potentially 750k on th line for each premiership place so Randy & MON may have other ideas

I'd keep Friedel in nets. He's done nothing to deserve being dropped so it'd be harsh to end his appearance streak for no real reason.

Would probably give Luke Young, Bouma (if at all possible), Albrighton and Delfouneso a part to play though.

We still need to win to finish above Liverpool so I can't see loads of changes.

Agree on Bouma getting a late run out. He's played a fair few reserve games so it's not a case his leg will drop off as soon as he comes onto the pitch and he'll get a tremendous reception in what could be his final game.

Certainly rather see him on the bench than Beye.

Be nice to sign off with a win.

On the whole it's been an enjoyable season apart from just 3 things.

The two Wembley defeats, and letting that girly looking Spanish tapas muncher score in injury time

O'Neill will change nothing.
As ED said, why rest players when they'll have all summer? There really is no point resting the entire starting XI now.

Also, all these "O'Neill will change nothing" comments before every game are so tiresome. It's not always a bad thing.

i wouldn't change the starting eleven. we need to win in our quest to finish above liverpool (hopefully chelsea can do their stuff today).

let's go out with a bang not a whimper.

Not sure of the actual dates but i heard on SSN that the team that finishes 7th has to enter the Europa league one month earlier than everyone else. Meaning that would leave hardly anytime at all after the world cup and would just be a mess. Very much need to finish 6th.

well 6th is best we can hope for, no difference for 6th or 7th

i would try davies and dunney at cb see how they respond. give teh fonz a start too and play nrc ahead of stan.

also give guzan a game

Guest AV-Maloney-FC

all i want now is to finish above liverpool. as i live in chester (north-west) i am the only villa fan in my school, (im 16), so it would be great for me.

well 6th is best we can hope for, no difference for 6th or 7th

i would try davies and dunney at cb see how they respond. give teh fonz a start too and play nrc ahead of stan.

also give guzan a game

There's quite a big difference between us finishing 6th and 7th. Finish 6th and we start a month later in the Europa League. With it being a World Cup year that shouldn't be under-estimated.

We need to finish on a high and finish above Liverpool, so the strongest team possible should be played.