• Downing
    • Ashley Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (on for Carew)
    • Heskey (on for Warnock)

I, and a few around me, thought the atmosphere at the game turned really nasty yesterday. Over to our left there was some sort of fight between villa fans , which left a little girl, who presumably was with her dad, crying. Later some people behind us (obviously totally tanked up, seen them before at away games always well pissed) were just shouting that we were shit shit shit shit - relentlessly! when one of us asked why they were saying that, got abused and offered out - we managed to calm it down and then someone behind them pushed said person straight into the lady sitting three seats away from me - who often sits by us at away games and I know she suffers from a bad back - which left her upset too - and her husband really really annoyed. Then, to cap it all, on the way out, we too got abused by citeh fans - right in our faces, - they really have turned into arrogant Man U/Chelsea type fans haven't they! I wont say what they called us ! Anyway, I had always had a lot of time for Man City fans as I remember their large crowds when down in League One (or div three whatever it was then) but now, I just hope Spurs get fourth. Have to say though that some Man city fans asked if we were OK when they saw how the stupid element were in our faces, and we then walked along the road having a good chat about the game - clearly though there are still some decent Citeh fans but my opinon has definitely changed since yesterday.

Oh and special mention to the fans who decided to start singing “We are shit my lord” at around the 60th(?!) minute. Unless I've missed some elaborate joke (or misheard), you are **** brainless idiots. We don’t deserve, and will never achieve, success with fuckwits like you demotivating the team at such a crucial time.

Well while you were listening to the game some of us drove for several hours each way to be at the game and support the team and support the team we did from the 1st minute to the 90th.

What you heard was the City fans not Villa fans so you can take you post above and... actually no I won't go there.

I hope your sofa was nice and comfortable this afternoon and didn't muffle your voice too much while you were talking out your arse.

Jesus christ, I can't believe some of the shit I'm getting for this! I said that I might've misheard, and I did. Which I'm really, really glad about.

I'm sorry. I only thought it would've been a small minority anyway. I've got nothing but respect for the fans who've supported us so well away from home, of which I've been one.

Considering that's what I thought I heard (and I wasn't the only person on the match thread who thought they heard it), I don't think I said anything out of order.

And there's no need for the whole "I'm a better fan than you" thing. I understand that we're all emotional after the game, but it's unfair and uncalled for. It's pretty difficult to make it to games from Australia.

Perhaps you should have tried to clarify or check before making such comments.

As for 'better fan' thing, read your post back you will see it was full of it when you thought the fans had been on the back of the team not to mention what would have been quite abussive comments so don't play the victim.

give JB a **** rest will you? it's a simple mistake, and i think most people would of mentioned it. To be honest it wouldn't suprise me if some of our end broke in to that judging by how many fickle idiots there are.

Most people? He is the only one I've seen mention it and he was wrong and needed to be corrected and when he was played the victim card. I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't post thanks.

Can you also pleas refrain from calling supporters idiots.

Yeah well done, most people as in, in his situation. And when did i tell you what you could and couldn't post? at the end of the day he's misheard something which was worth raising an issue. I'm sure we all would of done the same if we thought are fans were singing 'we are shit my lord'

Thanks mate. :)

I was watching the game with my girlfriend and we were both sure that that's what we heard, plus someone else mentioned it in the match thread. As it happens, I made a mistake, which was rather aggressively pointed out, but I didn't "play the victim card", I simply explained and defended myself.

It's not worth (and I'm not interested in) getting into an argument about this, so I'll leave it there :).

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Just seen their second goal again. Downing...what a lazy little bastard. He should have his wages docked for a month for that effort

Kin ell I hadn't noticed that before, what the **** was he doing?! He just stands there and watches it go in!

I hope MON ripped him to pieces after that!

those clearings in the woods on motd2 drove me mad , the old pair of numptys who thought they shit over us ,with luck we'd have pissed all over them city twonks ! **** woodwork fans!

I, and a few around me, thought the atmosphere at the game turned really nasty yesterday. Over to our left there was some sort of fight between villa fans , which left a little girl, who presumably was with her dad, crying. Later some people behind us (obviously totally tanked up, seen them before at away games always well pissed) were just shouting that we were shit shit shit shit - relentlessly! when one of us asked why they were saying that, got abused and offered out - we managed to calm it down and then someone behind them pushed said person straight into the lady sitting three seats away from me - who often sits by us at away games and I know she suffers from a bad back - which left her upset too - and her husband really really annoyed. Then, to cap it all, on the way out, we too got abused by citeh fans - right in our faces, - they really have turned into arrogant Man U/Chelsea type fans haven't they! I wont say what they called us ! Anyway, I had always had a lot of time for Man City fans as I remember their large crowds when down in League One (or div three whatever it was then) but now, I just hope Spurs get fourth. Have to say though that some Man city fans asked if we were OK when they saw how the stupid element were in our faces, and we then walked along the road having a good chat about the game - clearly though there are still some decent Citeh fans but my opinon has definitely changed since yesterday.

Not sure where you were sitting Hev but I got the same impression. It was my first away game in a good while and I was shocked at how nasty it got from the Citeh fans. We were pretty close to them at the far right hand side of our allocation and they were right scumbags.

those clearings in the woods on motd2 drove me mad , the old pair of numptys who thought they shit over us ,with luck we'd have pissed all over them city twonks ! **** woodwork fans!

Are you referring to the tow City fans who looked and sounded as though they should've been at the Henley Regatta as opposed to a football match?

PS, was anyone sitting by someone dressed as Wally? :)

I spoke to someone dressed as Wally as we were walking up the steps to get out whilst being goaded by the Citeh fans and the old bill.

Right by the corner flag? It was most probably me then.

Hmm, I'm trying to remember now.

I'm guessing it was something about the stewards, rocket polishers.

Good game. Warnock cost us the points as I see it. It was always going to be difficult, but that tackle was just silly.

To bad Carew did not score a few moments later.

I know a lot of you are critical of Downing, but I think he was very good. Every time he got on the ball he made something happen. He will be very good next year.

I spoke to someone dressed as Wally as we were walking up the steps to get out whilst being goaded by the Citeh fans and the old bill.

That was it. I'm fairly nondescript in a crowd of footy fans - shaved head, Brummie accent, brownish jacket. Not as recognisable as Where's Wally!

That was it. I'm fairly nondescript in a crowd of footy fans - shaved head, Brummie accent, brownish jacket. Not as recognisable as Where's Wally!

Ha, I don't have a clue, the only person I remember is a bloke talking about Liverpool to a scouse copper!

Ha, I don't have a clue, the only person I remember is a bloke talking about Liverpool to a scouse copper!

Me!