• Downing
    • Ashley Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (on for Carew)
    • Heskey (on for Warnock)

Is there a more lazy striker in the league than Adebayor? Tevez I felt was the difference for City today upfront. Shame Gabby was so quiet, as Carew was dominating Toure first half.

:thumb:

Well, I thought we were in total control until Warnock’s moment of madness. It’s sad to say, but it’s ALWAYS too good to be true when you’re an Aston Villa supporter. I feel sick.

Cuellar was immense, whilst the big players failed to step up, namely Gabby, Milner and Ash. Downing, aside from the fantastic pass for the goal was shit. City didn’t really offer anything and were there for the taking but we failed to play with any desire, passion or verve. We didn’t look like we wanted it and got what we deserved in the end.

Oh and special mention to the fans who decided to start singing “We are shit my lord” at around the 60th(?!) minute. Unless I've missed some elaborate joke (or misheard), you are **** brainless idiots. We don’t deserve, and will never achieve, success with fuckwits like you demotivating the team at such a crucial time.

Wasn't too much in it really and I thought we were undone by the pressure from their forwards, and their slight edge in quality.

The penalty was an interesting one I thought - almost identical to the Roger Johnson one last week - Warnock got his studs on the ball but it was a reckless challenge and deserved a penalty - I guess we let ourselves down a bit by not surrounding the ref...

It was a tough battle and it's tough pill to swallow, but hopefully Chelsea can do the right thing by us and give Liverpool a flogging.

Played well today i cant knock them for that the difference is the forward line they have to ours but i have faith in MON to put that right next season and i am proud to be a Villa Fan. Just hope we can finish 6th now so come on Chelski tomorrow!

What's with all the Downing bashing?

He provided a brilliant assist for our only goal, and was very close to scoring one himself. Two bad giveaways at the start of the game was all I saw him do wrong. Nice that the bashers have moved on from Cuellar at least, I s'pose.

Warnock can be a bit of a loose cannon imo. Not the first time he's made a monumental mistake after being skinned. Quite good going forward, at least. Friedel good, but maybe at fault for the second goal. Third goal was just a result of us trying to get back into the game. Collins had a great game as well, but was out of position for the third goal, although understandably.

Friedel 6

Cuellar 8

Warnock 4

Collins 8

Dunne 7

Downing 7

Young 7

Milner 6

Petrov 6

Carew 7

Gabby 6

Another anonymous performance from Gabby.Cannot remember a single effort on goal from him. Against the better teams, simply being quick isn't enough. Also Petrov, well past his sell by date. We are close to being a top 4 team, just need that quality playmaker and a couple of truly dangerous forwards who can finish teams off once we have them on the backfoot.A tale of what might have been today.

i dont get mon at times. we were being taken apart from the start but then scored against the run of play and yet the only time we tried to hold on to the ball and keep posession was once city had gone in front. the second half we knocked the ball around lovely between our back eight but despite city having a debutant loan keeper in goal who had conceeded seven in his last match we failed to bombard him with any really dangerous shots.

the effort was all there from the players (except downing) and for that they cant be faulted but they play like a bunch of strangers despite us having the same line up week in week out and tactically it was all @rse about face.

i really think that the game as overtaken mons managerial ability because he is incapable of out-witting a superior side - something that great managers are occassionally capable of doing.

i dont feel downhearted by the result because it is just another case of us coming up short in a big game.

cuellar mom, downing on boot room duty.

It was just one of those games, we had some good opportunities but it just wasn't our day. I hope Man Citeh enjoy their hollow victory, and I pray that Spuds beat them to 4th. Horrible, horrible club.

Tevez I felt was the difference for City today upfront.

I suppose that's what you get for a rumoured £ 47 million transfer fee and £ 160,000 per week in wages!

i really think that the game as overtaken mons managerial ability because he is incapable of out-witting a superior side - something that great managers are occassionally capable of doing.

Wins against 3 of the Sky 4 this season, mean nothing. We are the only side to have stopped Man Utd scoring at Old Trafford this season. I'll no doubt be accused of saying MON is perfect which he isn't nor have I actually said, to throw statements like this out there which are just wrong is pathetic

Oh well it was the result that could of been. We were under pressure in the first half but a poor decision from Warnock after a slip cost us. IF we could have held them to half time I believe he would of won in. I don't understand professional players diving in at a player inside the box unless they are about to shoot. Johnson was going wide and Warnock panicked after he slipped. Second goal came down Warnock's left; not sure were he was.

Second half we are work no creativity. Young did his best but he needs to work on his weight of crossing until then he will never be World class like MON talks about.

Hate to say this about a Villa player but Downing is a bottler when it comes to a challenge. Yes, he has come back from an injury but you can't come onto a field backing away from tackles. He does this most times and we lose a lot of possession because of it. He needs to get some help over the summer working with someone to straighten his head out because he can be one heck of a player.

Great season for me just need the final piece to the puzzle. Des Bremner anyone. :)

Oh and special mention to the fans who decided to start singing “We are shit my lord” at around the 60th(?!) minute. Unless I've missed some elaborate joke (or misheard), you are **** brainless idiots. We don’t deserve, and will never achieve, success with fuckwits like you demotivating the team at such a crucial time.

I've just got back from the match and it was the Citeh fans next to us singing "You are shit my Lord", but thanks for your insightful comment nonetheless.

Did well first half until we self destructed. We folded a bit second half, and weren't very creative. Very disappointed but we had a good season and did well to fight this long. P.S. Downing is awful

Just got back.

Really tough game, and I just felt that nothing seemed to fall our way today. I'm not talking about the ref (I thought he had a great game tbh), just all the little deflections always seemed to fall to City players at crucial times, and not to us.

Gabby was anonymous, as was Ash (not really his fault though).

No real stand out players apart from Collins and Cuellar.

PS, was anyone sitting by someone dressed as Wally? :)

Warnock was rubbish. An absolute disaster of a tackle. Cost us the game 2day. And i'm sick of people saying "well he offers us a lot going forward". How may assists has he for us, how many goals has he? And people criticise Cueller at right back, which i think is crazy. Cueller offers as much going 4ward as Warnock, and is more solid even as a right back in defence than Warnock is at left back

I've just got back from the match and it was the Citeh fans next to us singing "You are shit my Lord", but thanks for your insightful comment nonetheless.

i can second this - our supporters take some shit from some 'fans' on here it is a joke

carew was superb - most of his hold up play was sound other than 2/3 times where it broke down to easily, but he was still far far better than gabby in that respect

cuellar had a good game against bellamy

warnock was awful again - i seem to have been saying this for some weeks now, but after his first 10 or so games when he was very good he has been average at best since. he must have a knock, but if he does, why the **** is he playing?

thought we played quite well, didnt deserve to lose anyway imo