• Downing
    • Ashley Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew
    • Delfouneso (on for Carew)
    • Heskey (on for Warnock)

Warnock was rubbish. An absolute disaster of a tackle. Cost us the game 2day. And i'm sick of people saying "well he offers us a lot going forward". How may assists has he for us, how many goals has he? And people criticise Cueller at right back, which i think is crazy. Cueller offers as much going 4ward as Warnock, and is more solid even as a right back in defence than Warnock is at left back

Rubbish player, I have never rated him anyway, no pro defender jumps in like that inside the box...in such a big game. He can piss off back to Blackburn.

Oh and special mention to the fans who decided to start singing “We are shit my lord” at around the 60th(?!) minute. Unless I've missed some elaborate joke (or misheard), you are **** brainless idiots. We don’t deserve, and will never achieve, success with fuckwits like you demotivating the team at such a crucial time.

I've just got back from the match and it was the Citeh fans next to us singing "You are shit my Lord", but thanks for your insightful comment nonetheless.

Ok, there's no need to be such a dick about it. I said I could've misheard. Jesus.

I'm glad I did.

Oh and special mention to the fans who decided to start singing “We are shit my lord” at around the 60th(?!) minute. Unless I've missed some elaborate joke (or misheard), you are **** brainless idiots. We don’t deserve, and will never achieve, success with fuckwits like you demotivating the team at such a crucial time.

Well while you were listening to the game some of us drove for several hours each way to be at the game and support the team and support the team we did from the 1st minute to the 90th.

What you heard was the City fans not Villa fans so you can take you post above and... actually no I won't go there.

I hope your sofa was nice and comfortable this afternoon and didn't muffle your voice too much while you were talking out your arse.

Jesus christ, I can't believe some of the shit I'm getting for this! I said that I might've misheard, and I did. Which I'm really, really glad about.

I'm sorry. I only thought it would've been a small minority anyway. I've got nothing but respect for the fans who've supported us so well away from home, of which I've been one.

Considering that's what I thought I heard (and I wasn't the only person on the match thread who thought they heard it), I don't think I said anything out of order.

And there's no need for the whole "I'm a better fan than you" thing. I understand that we're all emotional after the game, but it's unfair and uncalled for. It's pretty difficult to make it to games from Australia.

My ratings:

Friedel 8: Almost stopped the penalty and had no chance from Adebayor unmarked from 6 yards. Got to absolutely everything else that mattered (no, their 3rd didn't matter).

Cuellar 9: Superb - yet he showed again why he should be a centre half and not a fullback. Wonderful display but offers little going forward.

Dunne 7: Solid display

Collins 5: Marked down for diving in and leaving Adebayor unmarked 6 yards out. Schoolboy stuff.

Warnock 5: See above.

Downing 6: Apart from trying to play Carew in rather than give it to feet early on in the match, he was solid enough in his unusual role on the left wing.

Milner 6: Solid - as always

Petrov 6: Toiled hard

Young 7: Some lovely crosses from the right where he had swapped with Downing. A bit anonymous thanks to not having a fullback in support but looked dangerous when the ball was at his feet.

Carew 8: Had Toure in his pocket. Unlucky not to score a second

Agbonlahor 5: Mostly anonymous but I noticed every time he got the ball to feet he surrendered possession and he was second to a lot of loose balls. We've seen better from him.

Heskey, Delf 6: Tried hard but never given a clear chance with Citeh parking the bus

MON 8: Now this is more like it. Ok, you still went 4-4-2 like always - but you swapped Young and Downing to keep City guessing and you made a double substitution with 20 to go knowing we needed to try something different. That's more than we have seen from you all season - so you get an 8.

Gutted. But the boys gave their best yesterday. Most of them. But I still feel just empty. Feels like this was our last chance for a good while. And Cuellar was our best player.

downing has to be the most frustrating player. what was he doing for th2 2nd goal?

he has been consistent though...consistently poor. for 12m i ahvent been impressed yet. i will give a good pre season and see what he can deliver next year but adam johnson was far better than downing

Well while you were listening to the game some of us drove for several hours each way to be at the game and support the team and support the team we did from the 1st minute to the 90th.

What you heard was the City fans not Villa fans so you can take you post above and... actually no I won't go there.

I hope your sofa was nice and comfortable this afternoon and didn't muffle your voice too much while you were talking out your arse.

Jesus christ, I can't believe some of the shit I'm getting for this! I said that I might've misheard, and I did. Which I'm really, really glad about.

I'm sorry. I only thought it would've been a small minority anyway. I've got nothing but respect for the fans who've supported us so well away from home, of which I've been one.

Considering that's what I thought I heard (and I wasn't the only person on the match thread who thought they heard it), I don't think I said anything out of order.

And there's no need for the whole "I'm a better fan than you" thing. I understand that we're all emotional after the game, but it's unfair and uncalled for. It's pretty difficult to make it to games from Australia.

Perhaps you should have tried to clarify or check before making such comments.

As for 'better fan' thing, read your post back you will see it was full of it when you thought the fans had been on the back of the team not to mention what would have been quite abussive comments so don't play the victim.

What a joke Warnock was for the first goal.

He firstly gives the ball away cheaply then he slips up and then just as Johnson is about to take the ball out of play he brings him down for a penalty!

He's one of the players who needs to do better or be replaced IMO

Warnock was rubbish. An absolute disaster of a tackle. Cost us the game 2day. And i'm sick of people saying "well he offers us a lot going forward". How may assists has he for us, how many goals has he? And people criticise Cueller at right back, which i think is crazy. Cueller offers as much going 4ward as Warnock, and is more solid even as a right back in defence than Warnock is at left back

Rubbish player, I have never rated him anyway, no pro defender jumps in like that inside the box...in such a big game. He can piss off back to Blackburn.

Utter tosh.

It's been quite evident that he has been carrying an injury since the turn of the year, and before he had that injury he was arguably our best player of the season until that point.

Another nearly season that promised so much. We forever seem the serial underachievers with Fergie at the start of each season stating that we could be the surprise package.

We never are. We are still not good enough to win anything after spending god knows how much on players and i'm sick and tired of whenever we come up against a decent team that we fail to win important games. League Cup Final, Cup semi and now against Man Shitty who were there for the taking.

I actually feel let down by the players and manager who tried so hard, but yet again fell short of what was required.

Now we have to wait for next season again, always next season and i hear Fergie yet again making the comment, we will be the surprise package.

No surprise here im afraid.

Unlucky with this game, we mostly matched them the whole game and it basically came down to the £47million man (or whatever he cost) Tevez making the difference. That said if we ironed out the mistakes and played to our best we would have won this.

Gonna have to join in the Downing bashing, the 2nd goal was so lazy, he should have been on the line to try and stop it. And in general throughout the game i thought his positioning was poor, often he is too deep or tucked inside too much. Which is a shame cos he clearly has ability.

Warnock had a nightmare, not the first mistake he has made this season as well, most have been after he was injured and i reckon he is still playing with a knock and its affected his game. At least he looked absolutely gutted to have given away a pen.

If we can spend big / find a player of real quality then for me Petrov would be the first player i'd look to replace. Need someone more dominating there to free up Milner and hopefully push Downing out wider.

Anyway my match ratings...

Friedel - 7

Cuellar - 9 Motm

Dunne - 7

Collins - 6

Warnock - 4

Petrov - 6

Milner - 6

Downing - 4

A. Young 7

Carew - 7

Gabby - 6

Worth noting that Fonz made a good impression coming off the bench again. Heskey didn't. Not long enough to rate.

We should keep in mind that Warnock was an absolute revelation for 3/4 of the season, ok he's had a poor few games but he shouldn't be written off. He's an absolute quality player IMO, probably our third/fourth best overall this season (Behind Milner, Dunne and maybe Gabby)

unfortunately Downing, Ash, Warnock havent contributed enough to our run in, and although i didnt see the game, look like again in another massive game they didnt offer anything of note.

Downing needs major work over the summer / pre-season. Needs confidence and to bulk up / man up abit. As each game passes im regretting us not get a young, cheaper and seemingly more talented Johnson. Warnock I bloody hope has been playing with injury as he's been piss poor for almost 6 months now. Cuellar needs to replace Collins at CB, with Luke Young getting a look in.

City have been throwing money around like a lottery winner having a breakdown, the only way we can realistically keep up with the usual suspects and now city, is to either a) spend similar amounts, B) spend less but be extremely prudent and clever in the transfer market not wasting a single million, or c) give up entirely. A and C arent options and is MON really good enough to suceed with option B?

On current starting 11, which he never bloody rotates, Davies, NRC, Beye, Young, Shorey, Harewood dont have a future here, and in most cases rightly so. How much money is that though wasted, of which we wouldnt be able to re-coup half. We cant afford slip ups like this in the market if we are going to have any chance of cracking top 4.

That being said MON has had to buy a complete new squad, and Im more than happy with being a top 8 team with a chance of good cup runs. Some expectations need to be lowered on our part unless we have another spending splurge this summer.

Why in the world would any Villa supporter want Spurs to get 4th. That is the worst possible result for us.

As some Gooner pointed out as far as Man Citeh goes:

If they DO get fourth, they will spend a fortune and buy some of the best players in the world and be real contenders for all trophies next year.

If they DON’T get fourth, they will spend a fortune and buy some of the best players in the world and be real contenders for all trophies next year.

don't agree. it will be infinitely harder for City to attract world class players if they can't offer Champions League football. I also feel that once they do achieve 4th they won't relinquish their place until the money runs out.

Spurs on the other hand are far more likely to have a stinker of a season next year allowing us, city and whoever else to challenge again.

Absolutely. Stands to reason that City getting in would more than likely result in the top 4 being sewn up for a good while yet. So that's why in the world I'd prefer Tottenham got it. Which is a shame, cos as a club and a set of supporters, I much prefer City

As for 'better fan' thing, read your post back you will see it was full of it when you thought the fans had been on the back of the team not to mention what would have been quite abussive comments so don't play the victim.

give JB a **** rest will you? it's a simple mistake, and i think most people would of mentioned it. To be honest it wouldn't suprise me if some of our end broke in to that judging by how many fickle idiots there are.

give JB a **** rest will you? it's a simple mistake, and i think most people would of mentioned it. To be honest it wouldn't suprise me if some of our end broke in to that judging by how many fickle idiots there are.

Most people? He is the only one I've seen mention it and he was wrong and needed to be corrected and when he was played the victim card. I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't post thanks.

Can you also pleas refrain from calling supporters idiots.

I don't have too much constructive to say on the game as it was hard to tell what was happening being at below pitch level but it looked like Cuellar had an imperious game.

Was anyone else surprised that there was no police presence at the Oyster bar before the game, there was a few moments when plastic pint glasses got lobbed over our way and it wouldn't have taken much more for it to turn nasty.

Just got to beat Blackburn and make sure we finish ahead of the scousers now, we've had some big disappointments this season but at least we've given ourselves the opportunity to be disappointed, 2 trips to wembley and battling for fourth until the penultimate game of the season is no bad thing, it's just a shame that we didn't take more points of Stoke, Sunderland and Wolves around February/March time.

Most people? He is the only one I've seen mention it and he was wrong and needed to be corrected and when he was played the victim card. I don't need you to tell me what I can and can't post thanks.

Can you also pleas refrain from calling supporters idiots.

Yeah well done, most people as in, in his situation. And when did i tell you what you could and couldn't post? at the end of the day he's misheard something which was worth raising an issue. I'm sure we all would of done the same if we thought are fans were singing 'we are shit my lord'