Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

He fears Jimmy Anderson though. :D

Please don't start-up about fast bowler's "bunnies" ; this would bring back dreadful memories of Denis Lille and the (great) Dennis Amiss ! :oops:

I think Sachin is overrated personally. Don't get me wrong one of the all time greats, yet every commentator sails on the mayonnaise sea about him and it annoys me. If you look at his100's most of them come agains Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Still a great player mind.

agree i think the hype is a bit too much, a great player but Id rather have a Dravid, Lara, Ponting or a Kallis in my team

Great win for the Bears today. Two out of two and top of the table and all this without a 'big name' oversesas player and that is not intended as a slight on Jeetan Patel (who took 5 today I think).

The BBC's coverage on the website is pathetic too. Headline is "Lancashire lose again" or something to that effect even though it's us turning over the Champions in their own backyard.

And to make it even more laughable, we're bottom of the table apparently, without a point.

The BBC's coverage on the website is pathetic too. Headline is "Lancashire lose again" or something to that effect.

Thank goodness it isn't just me that thought that Milfner; they also failed to give Warks the 'win' points after beating Somerset so their table was completely wrong. Why do they seem to love Lancashire ??

• 2 weeks later...

3 wins out of 4 now for The Bears. Keith Barker is playing out of his skin; it will be difiicult to change this team even when Chris Woakes(great player) gets fit - anyone see him and Ian Bell on about the Villa on Midlands Today; both Villa fans.

I was concerned that Warks hadn't made a 'big-name' signing for this season - only overseas player is Patel (NZ) but he has played really well - perhaps that is why Ashley Giles is in charge and not me !

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are still undefeated and back on top of County Championship !

This could be a very interesting season.

Wonder if Jim Troughton's place is safe tho' - he seems to be in a bad run of form - but Warks keep on winning !

Any thoughts Bears fans ?

Im sorry if any cricket is being discussed elsewhere on these boards , however i browsed through off topic during the ashes, during the Indian visit earlier this year, and again in the last few weeks Of the west Indies test, alas nothing.

Any cricket fans on here?

I can see this thread getting a load of negative comments lol

People seem to either like the cricket or **** hate it with a passion.

I think I'm quite a rare breed of person who quite enjoys it as long as it's a big match/tournament but even then I don't get excited or go out of my way to watch it, used to follow it quite a bit when I was younger and more enthusiastic about sports in general

Ah I was just about to send av1 to this thread. Limpid did it for us...

In reply to the question, yeah I love the game. Up there with football for me. Although I much prefer Test Match cricket to ODI and T20.

Im sorry if any cricket is being discussed elsewhere on these boards , however i browsed through off topic during the ashes, during the Indian visit earlier this year, and again in the last few weeks Of the west Indies test, alas nothing.

Any cricket fans on here?

I think the fact that the IPL & internal wranglings has deprived the West Indies of their more exciting cricketers (Gayle, Sarwan, Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and Narine) has meant the current tourists have failed to capture the imagination.

I'd prefer it if England canned the early ODIs and moved the test matches to later on in the summer, else subsequent May/June tourists are likely to suffer from the same depletion in their squads.

Â