Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

trott gone 68/6 - England collapsing like a pack of cards here, getting exactly what they deserve for being so negative. Invited all the pressure onto them. Should have attacked more early on.

Pressure on Broad to do something now.

have largely been in control for the best part of the match, under some pressure and they cower like wretches.

Series lost. Number one on the world - aye so long as we don't have to ever play on foreign pitches.

Brilliant spin bowling from Pakistan. Very well deserved victory.

Good to see England keeping it real, with an old school collapse. Nice that they're not being all Australian about being the number 1 test side in the world either.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this raise serious issues about the difference with sub-continent pitches and the 'home advantage' for subcontinent teams playing other teams being just too much to adapt to (and vice versa)

India disastrous in England. Dominate in India. Humiliated in Australia.

England slaughter India in England. Crumble against India in India. Hammered by Pakistan in Dubai.

The pitches are just so different that a whole different style of play is required. Whilst teams have failed to adapt, it's difficult to adapt that heavily and still put up a competitive game when your opponents are like a duck in water.

Will it get to the point where India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh refuse to leave the sub-continent, and England/Australia/South Africa/New Zealand refuse to go there?..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

England are **** decent :lol:*

*not fickle. But seriously, much better this time round a 150 for KP and good scores for the other top order,

444/7 atm, 169 ahead, good shit.

county championship starts today, notts 35/5 against worcs, taking advantage of missing notts players for Worcester :)

Great score by KP. Not a huge fan due to his inconsistency, but my my he can smash teams to smithereens when he's on form. 200 lead almost for England.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a good start by Warwickshire - Somerset are no pushover. We beat 'em without 3 key players - don't know where Chris Woakes was btw.

My joy was cut short by events up North though :evil:

I think Sachin is overrated personally. Don't get me wrong one of the all time greats, yet every commentator sails on the mayonnaise sea about him and it annoys me. If you look at his100's most of them come agains Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Still a great player mind.

Sri Lanka have been a very strong team for quite some time.. You try getting 100 against Murali...

Yes, most of his hundreds have come in the sub-continent and he's struggled at times outside of it, but in the same way there's not many batsmen have gone into the sub-continent and consistently got great scores. Ponting, Smith, Gilchrist, even Lara always struggled in India and Pakistan. That's perhaps why we don't see as much of the Sachin greatness, as he struggles - much like everyone from that part of the world - to recreate those sorts of scores in England, Australia, South Africa and West Indies (West Indies before they went shit).

Sri Lanka have been a very strong team for quite some time.. You try getting 100 against Murali...

Yes, most of his hundreds have come in the sub-continent and he's struggled at times outside of it, but in the same way there's not many batsmen have gone into the sub-continent and consistently got great scores. Ponting, Smith, Gilchrist, even Lara always struggled in India and Pakistan. That's perhaps why we don't see as much of the Sachin greatness, as he struggles - much like everyone from that part of the world - to recreate those sorts of scores in England, Australia, South Africa and West Indies (West Indies before they went shit).

Don't get me wrong I still believe he is a great player and one of the best, I just believe he is overrated by the current pundits. Agree with everything else you've put there.

Â