Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

What has happened to the Indian Test side? They just don't seem to be able to cope outside the Sub-Continent. I really expected them to fair better against a poor Australian side. Although I agree Pattinson looks like he's a talent.

Laxman shouldn't be in the team anymore, I know his record in and against Australia is great but he is past it.

Also the biggest problem for India is that they haven't spent enough time on practice matches in Australia. A big difference in Australia is that you need to leave the ball more and adjust to the extra bounce. I'm sure they'll get better as the series goes on but it could be avoided with an extra practice game.

T20 is India's biggest problem. The players are making T20 their main game, seeing as that's where they're making the money, and it's certainly affecting their test team. The new players coming in just can't pace a decent test innings, they seem to see 30 off 20 as a good test innings..

Some knock by Clarke maybe could have stayed for 400. This india team are awful travellers

I think being captain had a lot to do with him not carrying on. I think he thought he might get slated, if he played on, and Australia didn't get the win because of it.

India 132/4, 152/6 and 161 all out.

Australia 54/0 after 8 overs. Beginning to put our win over them into perspective! :P

Yeah, makes me think how many we'd beat them by on the Aussie wickets, if a team we trounced in their own back yard, can do that to India? :winkold:

:lol: I like your thinking!

edit at 9.50

take a bow Warner - 101 in 69 balls, got his hundred with a six. India are being slaughtered here.

148/0 after 21 overs, and thats after a couple of quiet overs :shock:

101 off 69 balls in a Test Match?! That is some going.

Have any of you cricket fans got any idea what England are up to.

From what I have seen we have been comprehensively been outplayed and the result was no fluke. Even Sir Ian failed !

So what next ? Would you play two spinners, 'cos Swann didn't seem to get a lot so Panesar might add something; he seems to have been bowling well.

It was the batting that let us down. Maybe they were undercooked, maybe complacent - certainly a couple of warm ups v scratch sides is not ideal preparation. Pakistan look a good side, too. It's good that Test Cricket is not a foregone conclusion, but a genuine constantly changing beast with all the sides, pretty much being able to beat the others. England is still a good team, but they were poor. The test is what can they do in the short time before the next game. Playing Monty means the batting gets weaker. Conundrum.

It makes me laugh that it's the batsmen that failed, yet all the talk is about changing the bowlers! KP out for Bopara is worth a punt. He plays spinners well, and isn't as susceptible to left arm spin! Although he's probably not as talented, he doesn't make as many stupid decision either.

Are England brave / stupid enough to go with only two seater to bring in Monty?

As blandy said the preparation for this series was nowhere near good enough. Last year saw four first class warm ups prior to the 1st test.

Failure to prepare is preparing to fail never seemed more apt whilst listening to the afternoon collapse.

It makes me laugh that it's the batsmen that failed, yet all the talk is about changing the bowlers! KP out for Bopara is worth a punt. He plays spinners well, and isn't as susceptible to left arm spin! Although he's probably not as talented, he doesn't make as many stupid decision either.

I'd rather have him in for Morgan. I don't think Morgan is quite up to test match cricket yet. He's still our best ODI batsman though.

So what next ? Would you play two spinners, 'cos Swann didn't seem to get a lot so Panesar might add something; he seems to have been bowling well.

What did I say ! 6 for Monty. Am I not undoubtably one of the greatest cricket experts in the World ! :D:D

Now, the batsman will see 'em off with Pieterson getting a duck and Ian Bell a swift 50; then Heskey will get a hat-trick tomorrow .............

Â