Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Considering I gave us no chance at the beginning of the season, it's an achievement to still have been in with a chance going into the last day. There's always next season! Yooouuu Beeeaaarrrsss!

Splendid effort with so many players missing for so much of the season, proud to be a Bear. Glad the pitch penally didn't decide it, in the end, too.

It's been a brilliant Cricket season all round. Just hope the Lancastrians don't give me too much stick tomorrow.

Oh, and the second 11 won their Championship, after finishing 2nd last season, so things look good for the future, too.

• 3 weeks later...
Graham Dilley has died aged 52 after a short illness

he'd been in hospital a few days

Absolutely awful news - that damned cancer again; makes one realise how fragile we all are. Will never forget that 'Bothams Ashes' series and the part he played in it.

I think it is Snowychap who is a Worcs fan and, if so, he will no doubt recall the big part Graham Dilley played in their resurgence.

RIP

Graham Dilley has died aged 52 after a short illness

he'd been in hospital a few days

Absolutely awful news - that damned cancer again; makes one realise how fragile we all are. Will never forget that 'Bothams Ashes' series and the part he played in it.

I think it is Snowychap who is a Worcs fan and, if so, he will no doubt recall the big part Graham Dilley played in their resurgence.

RIP

More of a Worcestershire lad and hence a follower of the county (since the Richards/Garner kerfuffle at Somerset anyway).

Yep, very sad news about Dilley. He did help Worcs to some really successful times. I think he lived somewhere around Malvern when he was the cricket coach at Cheltenham (used to see him around the shops a bit).

Top bowler and I'll remember him for his angled run up, his partnership with Botham at Headingley and his catch at long leg in the same test,

• 2 weeks later...
Meh, It's only pyjama cricket.

The same pyjama cricket that Flower and co are desperate to well in.

Nevertheless the performances suggest that England will continue to struggle in the longer format in the subcontinent and hamper their number one status.

It is not a test match, it is a one day international. You are basically asking if Manchester City will lose their spot at the top of the Premier League table if they get beaten by Wolves in the Carling Cup next week.

Â