Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

50 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Well I'm on the train back from sunny Leeds. 1 hour and 45 mins play was decent, but obviously would have been nice to at least take it to the afternoon session. 

8 wickets and a win. I’ve spent days at cricket where next to nowt happened. At least you managed some play. Do you get a partial refund, like when it rains?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

8 wickets and a win. I’ve spent days at cricket where next to nowt happened. At least you managed some play. Do you get a partial refund, like when it rains?

No I think they do it on the amount of overs, and I think that was reached. Had a few pints in the bars round Headingley, and one in the city before my train, so not too bad an afternoon with no cricket. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fair play to bairstow here.  Very mature and what I'd love to see more of, from him.

A real battle going on here.

Yeah, these 2 stay in after lunch we can start thinking about a match winning lead.  They go quickly and we'll likely end up evens.  A lot resting on this partnership. 

Thiugh hopefully Woakes can come in and shine. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, these 2 stay in after lunch we can start thinking about a match winning lead.  They go quickly and we'll likely end up evens.  A lot resting on this partnership. 

Thiugh hopefully Woakes can come in and shine. 

Fingers crossed.

Woakes will be out of poke, but you never know, it might take the Indians by surprise! 

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Yeah very frustrating, had a great chance to go really big with that partnership but tossed it away. We've still recovered well, but that was needless. 

Its so annoying. I think we are in a good position but with good weather and the pitch flattening  anything less that a 100 run lead and we could end up being in trouble. Good job Ashwin isnt playing 

It's got to help having people like Ali and Woakes coming in at 6th and 7th. All rounders really, in fact I really think Woakes should be higher up. 

I agree with @lapal_fan that he's probably a bit out of touch but hopefully he shows his metal here and gets a decent score before the real tail are exposed. 

Â