Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Yep, Ireland pretty good so far; but they are bound to be as they have Warwickshire players in their side :)

The ground looks packed; I had no idea cricket was so popular in Ireland, (I know they like their bike-racing tho')

Anyway-Jonathon Trott. No,perhaps not ideally suited to this form of the game but hasnt played for some time and (I guess) was in at no. 1 to anchor the rest of the innings. Got a few more than Bopara - how many more chances is he going to have !

To hear that cheating northern monkey Atherton talk, you could be excused for thinking Trott got a duck and ran-out 2 team mates in the process.

only 5000 at it which is quite big for Ireland, was sold out in advance as well, beating you guys in World Cup has given game a bigger boost here as i have some friends into it now who never watched a game before.

In fairness Athers was defending Trott earlier but i think if a ODI game with Cook and Trott at the crease could be easy for opposition bowlers

Yep, Ireland pretty good so far; but they are bound to be as they have Warwickshire players in their side :)

The ground looks packed; I had no idea cricket was so popular in Ireland, (I know they like their bike-racing tho')

Anyway-Jonathon Trott. No,perhaps not ideally suited to this form of the game but hasnt played for some time and (I guess) was in at no. 1 to anchor the rest of the innings. Got a few more than Bopara - how many more chances is he going to have !

To hear that cheating northern monkey Atherton talk, you could be excused for thinking Trott got a duck and ran-out 2 team mates in the process.

My opinion on Bopara is that he needs to feel wanted to do well. If he had an extended run in the side then he would start to do well but as it is he heaps pressure on himself by thinking he has to score runs in this innings or he won't get another chance. The problem with that is he doesn't react well to that self-applied pressure.

My opinion (as a biased essex fan) is that he should be in the test squad instead of Morgan and that he provides a natural replacement for Collingwood.

Time for Taylor to be given a chance.

Time for Taylor to come to Warks ! This may increase his chances of playing for England.

I read that The Bears were interested in Keedy; What you think Milfner ?

Well as a totally unbiased Warwickshire supporter, I guess you could be right. What has his bowling been like for Essex ?

His bowling has been much improved this year and I'd say it is around Collingwood's level if not a bit better. He's definitely a bit quicker than Collingwood but probably less variations. Bowled reasonably well towards the end of Ireland's innings today.

Hampshire closed on 84/6 a lead of 59. Great chance for Worcester to win tomorrow.

Personally I can't see Bopara figuring much in test cricket, I think he's now inbetween the squad proper and and the next group of potential top players and unless there is injury he won't get a long enough run in the side before younger contenders are given a bash instead.

Great win for the Bears,puts us back in with a shout for the title. Have a awful feeling them 8 points deducted for the state of the pitch after the worcester game is going to haunt us at the end of the season.

Â