Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Heel injury. He’s had a rotten 12 months. Player of the summer last year, missed tests through isolating because the ECB put him in the same car as Moeen. Then didn’t play inIndia, at all - the only player not to playa game in the winter, then played a couple of games in the iPL before that got canned, and hardly played this summer for reasons of rest from bubbles for the NZ test, then played a couple of T20s and then got injured.

He has had his fair share of injuries in his career hasn't he. Yet Anderson, who has been playing internatiional cricket for nearly 20 years hardly get injured. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

He has had his fair share of injuries in his career hasn't he. Yet Anderson, who has been playing internatiional cricket for nearly 20 years hardly get injured. 

I've always thought Woakes was a bit short and slow for international cricket, he then has to try and put that extra effort in and his body breaks down.  Jimmy is just a genetic freak.

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've always thought Woakes was a bit short and slow for international cricket, he then has to try and put that extra effort in and his body breaks down.  Jimmy is just a genetic freak.

Sorry how do you mean a bit short? Hes taller than Dale Steyn, one of the all time greats.  Yes he was an 80 mph bowler when he started and became a high 80s bowler, which is a  big rise.  Anderson on the other hand started off as tearaway fast bowler but he modfied his action and learnt how to swing it both ways and the rest is history. 

So $64000 question : would you leave Ali out and keep the winning team that has got Birmingham into the final ?  Slightly reminds me of when Brian Little little was brought in to England team  'cos Keegan was out. Little played a blinder and set up winning goal but Revie still brought Keegan back for the next match. Difficult decision I think.

59 minutes ago, veloman said:

So $64000 question : would you leave Ali out and keep the winning team that has got Birmingham into the final ?  Slightly reminds me of when Brian Little little was brought in to England team  'cos Keegan was out. Little played a blinder and set up winning goal but Revie still brought Keegan back for the next match. Difficult decision I think.

They won three in a row with him in the team. He's still got the second most sixes in the competition. Definately starts if hes available. The winning start came with the introduction of Sneed. 

Actually with Ali back they must be favourites to win the thing. 

Edited by PaulC

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes I know  but hes nearly 34 and failed at test level before. May as well call up Vince as well. 

True, i just think there is a lack of quality out there. Worrying really. All people want to do is play T20 cricket. Mind you, it can be very lucrative! 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

True, i just think there is a lack of quality out there. Worrying really. All people want to do is play T20 cricket. Mind you, it can be very lucrative

and a lot less work. If you're a seamer all you have to do is bowl 4 over or 20 balls a match.  

It's looking like a disaster for Birmingham Phoenix in this final. Hard to see them winning it from here.  If Livingston hadn't have pretty much got himself out it may have been different but it's just petering out now. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's looking like a disaster for Birmingham Phoenix in this final. Hard to see them winning it from here.  If Livingston hadn't have pretty much got himself out it may have been different but it's just petering out now. 

It was an unbelievable throw to be fair. Best think about the 100 is Alex Hartley, she is such a laugh. 

28 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Jimmy 🐐

India 60-5 just after lunch, looking forward to being all out for 17.

67 for 7 now but they'll probably go on to get 400 or so. 

Â