Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

33 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Then to see Jake Lintott lining up against his proper home ground team tonight is frustrating to see.

As a Bears fan I just cheered Lintott taking the wickets of Allen and Moeen Ali.. bizarre

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

I refuse to acknowledge The Hundred. 

It is to cricket, what beach football is to proper football. 

Luckily Worcestershire haven't lost many players so are looking decent in the Royal London Cup! 

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Luckily Worcestershire haven't lost many players so are looking decent in the Royal London Cup! 

The same was said about t20. Unfortunately its the way cricket is going. I hope that there will always be a place for test cricket but theres more and more mercenaries just playing the shorter format

• Like 1

Another dog shit batting performance from England.

Thats what happens when you de-value the longer form of the game in this country. Been building for years. 

• Like 2

On 30/07/2021 at 19:52, Xela said:

The hundred has seen some good cricket, the likes of which we haven’t seen since, ooh….the already excellent T20 bash. Good sportsmen and sportswomen playing good sport. But it’s of dubious benefit and tangible harm to both the T20 and 50 over games. The 50 over stuff is mostly second 11 players now, with no one watching.

And the tests, what with Covid, bubbles, injuries and all that, as well as England’s focus on white ball this year, plus too many games - car crash

• Like 1

Another good win for Birmingham, Chris Benjamin is going to a great asset for the Bears. 

Still enjoying the Hundred. My main grumble is that it is meant to be quicker, it still takes close to three hours and there’s 40 less balls!

• Like 1

Its the top order thats the problem with the exception of Joe Root who is I think is the best England batsman in 50 years.  What would he have done if he hadnt had the extra burden of captaincy 

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely appalling days cricket from England, started perfectly with the two early wickets and should have seen the game wrapped up but they appear to have allowed themselves to get drawn into a silly game of trying to take the heads off the Indian fast bowlers (following their perceived ‘assault’ on Jimmy Anderson the evening before) rather than doing what you should do when bowling at tail enders, which is full and straight.

The batting was an almost total joke thereafter, really embarrassing day for England and for Root as captain.

Sibley has to go, he’s offering nothing, Curran (Kohli wicket aside) also offering nothing, back to the drawing board for the whole association at this rate.

21 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Absolutely appalling days cricket from England, started perfectly with the two early wickets and should have seen the game wrapped up but they appear to have allowed themselves to get drawn into a silly game of trying to take the heads off the Indian fast bowlers (following their perceived ‘assault’ on Jimmy Anderson the evening before) rather than doing what you should do when bowling at tail enders, which is full and straight.

The batting was an almost total joke thereafter, really embarrassing day for England and for Root as captain.

Sibley has to go, he’s offering nothing, Curran (Kohli wicket aside) also offering nothing, back to the drawing board for the whole association at this rate.

I think the county championship has been devalued. We have the 100 tournament going on at the same time which seems to have been a great success and is here to stay. Where are the players that can come in and do better than Sibley or Burns? Hameed has had a shocker as well. Buttler has done a bit better today but hes in as a batsman keeper and he doesnt seem to be doing the batting side very well and hes not a good keeper. Dropped catches as well which could have made a difference. 

24 minutes ago, veloman said:

I haven't done any research into this but does anyone know where Chris Woakes is ? Is he injured and if not why the hell isn't he playing for England !

When the squad was announced a few days back it said that Woakes is still unavailable with a heel problem. Seems to have it a while?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, veloman said:

I haven't done any research into this but does anyone know where Chris Woakes is ? Is he injured and if not why the hell isn't he playing for England !

Heel injury. He’s had a rotten 12 months. Player of the summer last year, missed tests through isolating because the ECB put him in the same car as Moeen. Then didn’t play in India, at all - the only player not to play a game in the winter, then played a couple of games in the IPL before that got canned, and hardly played this summer for reasons of rest from bubbles for the NZ test, then played a couple of T20s and then got injured.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Liam Livingstone 92 from 40 including 10 sixes. Birmingham chased down 143 with 26 to spare! And took three wickets! Carnage 

5 wins in a row to get to the final. Livingstone has to be one of the first names on the team-sheet for England t20 world cup team hasn't he. 

• Like 1

Â