Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 down.

Spastic shit head word removed piss clearing in the woods bastard failing rocket polishers. 2 hours ago I was confident enjoying live sport and first ever live test cricket tomorrow  and these incompetent pieces of shit are pissing it up the wall. **** every last one of these fetid words removed.

**** you England

Ruining day rocket polishers

Just now, Xela said:

Is this the weakest batting line up we've ever had?

Cant think of a worse one. Days gone by we got bowled out cheapily but that was against some of the great bowlers of all time. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is this the weakest batting line up we've ever had?

They are even bringing Root down to their level. Burns is the only one looking anything like consistent at the moment, although a few are consistently chronic. 

• Like 1

Root gone. I  truly hate this team. Pathetic. Sack them all. India and Australia will destroy us deservedly. We'd struggle to give Bangladesh a game like this. Utter utter garbage.

This is utterly humiliating.  The one thing they should be is competitive at home, but they're miles off. 

Batting is incredibly poor and I suspect Anderson and Broad are now well passed their peak (certainly Anderson anyway) and it looks like no one else is going to replace them.

No batters and no bowlers. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Root gone. I  truly hate this team. Pathetic. Sack them all. India and Australia will destroy us deservedly. We'd struggle to give Bangladesh a game like this. Utter utter garbage.

Stop sitting on the fence and say what you feel :)

• Haha 1

Put it into context though.  The population of New Zealand is under 5m. There's more frickin cockneys in the world than Kiwis. 

Merely by the rule of numbers we ought to easily find a team to beat this lot. How do they manage to find batsmen who can all score easily and bowlers who can knock off the wickets so much more easily than we can? 

• Like 1

I'll be honest my.perspective was swiftly altered whilst watching the football earlier. Feel a bit of a bit being annoyed by the cricket. 

Full credit.to new Zealand (b) who have outplayed. Of all the test sides they.are at least more palatable opponents to lose to. 

I'll enjoy what cricket there is tomorrow anyway. 11am pints! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Put it into context though.  The population of New Zealand is under 5m. There's more frickin cockneys in the world than Kiwis. 

Merely by the rule of numbers we ought to easily find a team to beat this lot. How do they manage to find batsmen who can all score easily and bowlers who can knock off the wickets so much more easily than we can? 

I think they apply themselves better and are more prepared to "dig in" when necessary than we are.  I don't think our batsmen work at their game enough. Consistent errors can be eliminated with coaching and if batsmen are prepared to listen to advice. I get the feeling that too many of our batsmen think that once they have a central contract they have arrived and have done enough.

I also think Silverwood's interview at the end of the day, which suggested that he was happy with the team selection and was not embarrassed by the day's performance, demonstrated the general complacency that the test team suffer from. I would have sacked him on the spot myself after that interview, his was an uninspired appointment and he needs to go and to be replaced by someone who will not tolerate regular shoddy performances like this.  I would have appointed Jason Gillespie, rather than taken the "safe" option of appointing from within, as we did when when Trevor Bayliss left. In the longer term, I think that Eoin Morgan could do the job. 

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

This always blows my mind. One third of Australia's whole population is the same as London alone too.

Back to the cricket... am I the only one who's not a fan of Root? Far too inconsistent.

Â