Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If moeen hadnt have given his wicket away they would have cruised that game. 

Could say the same for a lot of them. Every time we looked like we were getting some control on the game we lost a wicket.

Stokes and Livingston got out to full tosses and Malan got out pretty cheaply when well set. Moeen playing aggressively when 6 wickets down with over 100 needed and only the bowlers to come isn’t where I’d pin point this defeat too.

Great effort from Curran though and a really good series to watch.

Edited by tom_avfc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Could say the same for a lot of them. Every time we looked like we were getting some control on the game we lost a wicket.

Stokes and Livingston got out to full tosses and Malan got out pretty cheaply when well set. Moeen playing aggressively when 7 wickets down and only the bowlers to come isn’t where I’d pin point this defeat too.

Great effort from Curran though and a really good series to watch.

True but when you are 6 wickets down and effectively the two at the wicket are the last two decent batsmen and the run rate wasnt out of control I felt he was taking too many risks, but thats the way he plays i guess.  Yes great effort from Curran and good series

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

True but when you are 6 wickets down and effectively the two at the wicket are the last two decent batsmen and the run rate wasnt out of control I felt he was taking too many risks, but thats the way he plays i guess.  Yes great effort from Curran and good series

I think you’re right that it’s just the way that Moeen plays. Ultimately we needed one of the top order to bat longer. Probably should have been Malan. He looked very comfortable going at a run a ball and if he’d carried that on whilst the others tried to play their shots we’d probably have got there.

Given that we have Root and Morgan to come back in and Archer and Woakes to add to the bowling options a narrow defeat in India isn’t a bad effort. 

Any body watching the South Africa v Pakistan series ? in the first one dayer (I think it was), Bavuma's bat split with a large chunk coming off the back of the bat. Think it was a New Balance. Never seen anything like that before, are bats not made as well as they used to be? 

18 minutes ago, veloman said:

are bats not made as well as they used to be

They are made as well, I think they are just softer and not as durable - intentionally. I believe it's about them quickly reaching peak performance rather than bats in years gone by which we might have spent ages knocking in and which then would have been good for a number of years.

• 2 weeks later...

You Bears!

Just pulled off a fairly miraculous win at Notts. I just put the score on, reluctantly to see how many we'd lost by at some point early afternoon, and they've only gone and chased down 337 on a ropy pitch with a man down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

You Bears!

Just pulled off a fairly miraculous win at Notts. I just put the score on, reluctantly to see how many we'd lost by at some point early afternoon, and they've only gone and chased down 337 on a ropy pitch with a man down.

Snap. Saw they were 200 odd for 6 earlier and assumed they'd be all out for 220 or something.  Was amazed to see they got over the line when I checked later. 

• Like 1

Wow, Warwickshire have put themselves into a fantastic position to beat last year's Champions Essex.  Essex only lost one game all last season so would be a great win. 

And as I type they lose a wicket. Am I jinxing this? 😳

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Wow, Warwickshire have put themselves into a fantastic position to beat last year's Champions Essex.  Essex only lost one game all last season so would be a great win. 

And as I type they lose a wicket. Am I jinxing this? 😳

Number one rule of watching the cricket team you support, is to never acknowledge anything is happening at any point in the game. 

• Haha 3

I think I'm now safe to say Warwickshire will win this at a canter now. 

Only 2 wickets down and 27 runs needed.  Just middled a six as well👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think I'm now safe to say Warwickshire will win this at a canter now. 

Only 2 wickets down and 27 runs needed.  Just middled a six as well👍

Risky, but yeah I agree. 

• Like 1

Â