Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

How sweet that the Local Council should be naming a road after the erudite, self effacing , David Lloyd. It's a pity they weren't opening a new Public Convenience up there; that would have been a more appropriate destination .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, veloman said:

How sweet that the Local Council should be naming a road after the erudite, self effacing , David Lloyd. It's a pity they weren't opening a new Public Convenience up there; that would have been a more appropriate destination .

He's got a lot going for him, Bumble. Experience of playing, coaching, umpiring, broadcasting cricket for decades. He's got good taste in music and beer and can be genuinely funny (his spoof pitch reports were great). I think for whatever reason Sky pushing him, or just himself, he overdoes the "clown" act at times.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

He's got a lot going for him, Bumble. Experience of playing, coaching, umpiring, broadcasting cricket for decades. He's got good taste in music and beer and can be genuinely funny (his spoof pitch reports were great). I think for whatever reason Sky pushing him, or just himself, he overdoes the "clown" act at times.

He has personality above all else and has been integral in Sky’s overall (excellent) presentation of cricket.

And as you say, England player and coach, umpire etc. I’ve seen disparaging comments about him on here before and don’t get it, at all.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think for whatever reason Sky pushing him, or just himself, he overdoes the "clown" act at times.

An excellent example of Litotes !   Realise my opinion of this moron is in the  minority but I rather prefer the more subtle humour of the late Brian Johnson. (probably because of my advanced years). My idea of a great commentator would be Richie Benaud/John Arlott et al. Would be interested to know his taste in music though. To bannedfromHandV  - that would probably be me with the disparaging comments !

Terrible response from England.  Didn't even make a game of it. 

India batted brilliantly to get a big total but they also bowled so much better than us. 

A non contest. 

• Like 1

Pity in the end, England started well but then once the Buttler/Malan partnership was broken we just sort of spluttered to a halt.

Fair play to India, they batted really well and it was always a big ask - just a shame that we could have gotten this one a little closer to give it the finish it deserved.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Terrible response from England.  Didn't even make a game of it. 

India batted brilliantly to get a big total but they also bowled so much better than us. 

A non contest. 

I thought it was a pretty good effort with great knocks by Malan and Buttler. For 13 overs we were looking in pretty good shape. They had the better bowlers and they took the crucial wickets whereas England couldn’t.

Really enjoyable game of cricket albeit England stumbled through their final 5 or 6 overs once Buttler and Malan were out.

Â