Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

The pitches certainly haven't suited India, but they don't even appear to be trying now.

Never mind winning by 2 clear tests, we will be disappointed if it's not a 4-0 whitewash now. Wouldn't be surprised to see us take them to the cleaners in the one days and Twenty20's either the way it's going.

India's batting has been very poor, and their bowling attack just doesn't seem to know how to defend low totals.

As a big India fan I must say this series has been an embarrassment, the team has been battered and looks like they want to catch the next plane home.

As for England, at present they look a mighty fine side and seem to have all boxes ticked but I'll wait to see how they go in the subcontinent before declaring them as the best team in world cricket.

Worrying for India aswell is how they will do in 2-3 years time.

Tendulka, Dravid, Laxman all gotta be hanging up their boots soon. Khan is no spring chicken either.

Just not sure their younger players are capable of filling their shoes.. I am really not sure what Raina is doing in the team..

But, I'm sure things will be different when they are on home soil... be interesting to see England vs India, with these current teams, in the subcontinent. I think it's safe to say England will adjust to conditions better than India are over here..

Been at the first couple of days. India look awful in the field. Certianly not the world's number 1 side on that sort of showing. Some of Dhoni's fielding placements at times are a bit puzzling I must admit, seems to be working to plans but when it isn't working there isn't much idea. Their batting has been pretty clueless as well. Laxman has got himself out more often that not it seems in this series as an example.

Not taking anything away from the England side of course who seem to be getting better and better. Would like to see this team face South Africa at the minute to really test their strength.

Wanted to go to Day 5 doesnt look like it will happen now :D. I wish people stopped making excuses for the Indians about pitches etc if you are the best team in the world in any sport you are the best because you adapt to different pitches and atmosphere for example just look at how Australia used to go to the most hostile pitches and crowds in sub contintent and breeze through every series. People need to face it India just are not as great at tests as people say just England had a long way to catch up in rankings since our 09 Ashes victory.

Moggie's 100 is up off 188 balls, Cook 9 from his 250. Eng are 582-3, absolutely awesome stuff. Still hoping for a massive lengthy rain delay as ive got non refundable tickets for the last day.

Â