Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Tendulkar is not overrated. To say so is an insult to him and his vast amount of runs

maybe its just me but i think Dravid has been a better player for India and if he was an earlier bloomer would have more runs than him

Tendulkar is not overrated. To say so is an insult to him and his vast amount of runs

maybe its just me but i think Dravid has been a better player for India and if he was an earlier bloomer would have more runs than him

This series is probably clouding your judgement I feel.

If your lifes on the line and you want a batsmen to go out there then you'd probably opt for Dravid but for a mixture of flair, technique, consistency and raw talent Tendulkar is a notch ahead.

maybe it is but i never watched Tendulkar and felt like i was watching greatness like i would when Warne was playing or watching Messi play

Late 90s when he was taking apart Warne and the Aussies on a number of occasions were where he was at the peak of his powers. It can also be easy to forget that he was averaging high 50s in an era where some of the best bowlers (McGrath, Akram, Waqar, Ambrose, Walsh) were bowling.

In fact no other bowler has taken that prized wicket of his so many times. 7 times in 9 test IIRC.

I thought old Malcolm said on TMS that Murali has (8 or 9 times)?

I think you may be right... however I think Muttiah as taken that in about 14 tests, Jimmy has it in 9 I think. Then again Muralitharan is arguably the best bowler of all time!

Well i think Dravid is underrated. And in my opinion, India will miss him more than Tendulkar. However - Tendulkar is one of the greatest test batsmen I am likely to ever see live, so I hardly think he derserves to be called overrated.

Innings victory as it stands. ;)

India just look shell-shocked. They look unable to respond. England's bowling has been firce and persistent. India's has been flaky and indifferent. England's batting has been patient and makes it count. india's has been amateurish.

Is this really the best side in world cricket? I honestly think we're playing a team of the ilk of Bangladesh out there. To not make 300 (when England make it so easy... what was it, 180 in one session in the last test?) at all 2 and a half tests in....

dont think my words are out of touch but i think INdia have been a disgrace in this series. NO heart, passion to really make an impact. Except maybe Dravid and Kumar not many will leave with heads held even half high.

Why does Sreesanth still play, never rated him

Â