veloman

Cricket: General Chat

When Bairstow chucks his wicket in tomorrow morning, I’d just send Leach out and hope Stokes can score 300. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roy very frustrating there, not going to be annoyed with Burns or Root, they've both played well and done their jobs and got good balls. 're Root's conversion issue, I grant it has been  problem, but given how poor his form was prior to his 75 at Headingley I'm just glad to see him back towards his old form again. Morning session tomorrow is  now a bit more fraught with danger than it should have been, can't afford a collapse all out for 260 etc. Need to make that follow on. I believe we will do so, and get around 330. 

Abdul Qadir gone. The best leg spinner I had seen, until the arrival of Shane Warne. The great Jack Bannister always pronounced his name "Carder ".

Big ask today. Need to get as close to 400 as we possibly can to have any chance. Even then we’ve got to get them  out for a low score. 

2 hours ago, veloman said:

Abdul Qadir gone. The best leg spinner I had seen, until the arrival of Shane Warne. The great Jack Bannister always pronounced his name "Carder ".

Yes a great leg spinner 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Big ask today. Need to get as close to 400 as we possibly can to have any chance. Even then we’ve got to get them  out for a low score. 

Yes trouble with dropping woakes and Ali we now have a long tail 

16 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

When Bairstow chucks his wicket in tomorrow morning, I’d just send Leach out and hope Stokes can score 300. 

Here we go! 

Ridiculously expansive drive attempt, played all around it

Bairstow can join Roy in the dropped list for the next match 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Bairstow can join Roy in the dropped list for the next match 

I would also add Buttler to the list as well, regardless of how many he gets in this match.

We need a complete re-think and overall of the test squad/team. 

IMO we have tried to accommodate too many of the one day team and keep them 'happy'.

We are not as good as they think they are.

shite....i'm going to the Oval next week.

I am not looking forward to seeing the smug Aussies get the little urn presented to them 🥴

You lot really can't bat for shite can you, bloody hell hire me as a coach and at the the very least I'll teach your lot when you can leave the **** ball.....

I want a live fifth test ffs

Â