Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I'll judge him more so on his second innings. Only opening due to Roy's ineptitude and it's a long day in the field, his brain was fried. Long term he isn't an option though.

Survived to stumps. 10 overs done. Need to view the job as seeing overs off. Just get another 10 overs with no wicket, give root and Roy tired batsmen please. 

Well I reckon there are only two possible outcomes now !!!  I don't know which was more irritating; Archer's show of (mild) dissent at being told to bowl round the wicket or Leach overstepping. Both very poor. 

It shows how poor the Aussies are that we can be this inept as test team and yet still stand a chance of winning the ashes ( assuming rain and boring batting see a draw in this match ) 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It shows how poor the Aussies are that we can be this inept as test team and yet still stand a chance of winning the ashes ( assuming rain and boring batting see a draw in this match ) 

It's been a series defined by two or three great cricketers and mostly a load of dogshite.

• Like 1

I think the weather has played it's final hand for us thìs test, save maybe a few saved overs for bad light. All on the matters but hey they've done Ok so far. Another hundred or so to avoid the follow on is manageable from here surely. 

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

top one day player but not a test player by any stretch

Its actually cruel to keep picking him. Could destroy him as a player. 

You look at Burns and Root's knocks today, and Stokes the other week. There is no way on earth that Roy has that type of innings in his locker. 

Â