Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Cant agree about Carberry or Hampshire; they are our last fixture away !!

County Championship might rest on the result of that match :lol:

Good to see a mention of Bears old wicket keeper Geoff Humpage. He used to work for "Sportsco" - (remember them) in Walsall.

Bit of sad news. Old(er) Bears fans may remember Neil Abberley. Well it seems that he has passed away at a young age too - only 60 something. I think he ended up playing in the Birmingham League - Moseley perhaps

Good tribute from Ian Bell.

RIP

India have been so poor, thats not taking any credit away from how good England have played.

You would expect a much closer series between the top two cricketing nations.

India's batting on these pitches have been amaturish

Dhoni is getting his spankage on at the moment, and gone into T20 mode. It'd be great to watch, if it wasn't against England. Having a similar impact to Broad & Swann in the first innings of the last Test.

Another good bowling display from England. Pitch doesn't look great for batting, but 226 is still below par.

Once again India fail to get 300.. This is supposed to be the strongest batting team in the world?

So far their bowlers not offering a huge amount either. Couple of near shouts but Strauss and Cook seem quite comfortable to leave them as they swing away outside off, and picking up runs fairly regularly.

Tendulkar is not overrated. To say so is an insult to him and his vast amount of runs.

However, he is shit scared of Jimmy Anderson, Anderson scares him like no other bowler. In fact no other bowler has taken that prized wicket of his so many times. 7 times in 9 test IIRC. He's one of the all-time greats, but his kryptonite is Jimmy.

Then again Jimmy is one of the best bowlers around when on form, if its swinging, we're winning.

On to this England side - just wow. Best I've seen in my (short) lifetime, but this is a special special team. Winning the Ashes so convincingly in Oz, then trouncing the Indians with - well, as it stands, - ease. India, #1 test side in the world with supposedly the best line up of batters in test Cricket.... Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Raina, Harbhajan.... and make no mistake about it, they are good batsmen, have not made 300 in 5 tests here. Our bowlers are just picking them apart, and when they do have an advantage, we fight our way out. We have an advantage, we press home. That's why we're 2- up, hopefully going to go 3-0 up.... and that is why we are the best around. Right now.

Of course I want to see this side in the subcontinent, in SA, in the Windies again if they stop being shit - but for now, let's just apprecaiate one of the finer England sides of recent times - a team with desire, spirit, talent and above all effort - and cheer them on after som many miserable years.

Come on England!!!

In fact no other bowler has taken that prized wicket of his so many times. 7 times in 9 test IIRC.

I thought old Malcolm said on TMS that Murali has (8 or 9 times)?

Yeah it was on the Sky coverage in the last Test that Murali has had him out the most times.

India have been so poor, thats not taking any credit away from how good England have played.

You would expect a much closer series between the top two cricketing nations.

India's batting on these pitches have been amaturish

This. Inida look very poorly prepared and their bowling "attack" is dire.

Â