Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Amazing after that Shit show first innings.

Just had a twenty mile drive from Goginan to Machnnlyth and turned the radio off at nine wickets down 😁

Stunned to see it was still going on when we got back

Amazing, looking forward to the highlights right as I've been out strolling around Caerphilly castle with an increasingly grumpy face as I kept checking the over by over coverage and seeing wickets fall.  Managed to get the radio on for the final 5 overs or so - though the good lady did not appreciate me sticking the volume up midway around a roundabout with us in the wrong lane as I attempted to hear whether it was a six or out.

Also special mention to the commentators on the spurs match who decided to announce the result 15 mins into the game ...

Phenomenal doesn’t do it justice.

So many facets to that innings - the mental strength and intelligence, alongside the obvious physical aspects.

One of, if not the, greatest sporting performances I’ve ever seen.  

• Like 4

I don't have sky so I've been buying this on Now TV. I think it's fair to say that is the best £8.99 I'll ever spend. 

8 minutes ago, JB said:

So many facets to that innings - the mental strength and intelligence, alongside the obvious physical aspects.

Since all of the stuff over the court case (and I certainly acknowledge that I didn't think he came through the process looking very good at the time), he really seems to have knuckled down and made the most of his obviously huge talent.

I think he deserves all the praise for his performances and praise, too, for how he appears to have taken his second chance after that rigmarole.

Well done, Stokes.

• Like 2

Just an unbelievably great innings. How on earth did we manage to win? Arise Sir Ben Stokes. This series will be known as Ben's Ashes! He has brought joy to so many of us today and upset so many Aussies! 😃

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't have sky so I've been buying this on Now TV. I think it's fair to say that is the best £8.99 I'll ever spend. 

I can only get Sky Sports Main Event through BT and was shocked they actually had the cricket rather than the football on for once.  I suppose if it was Liverpool or United there'd have been no chance so I should be grateful.  They did cut away to the Spurs game quite quickly after which pissed me off as I wanted to watch the analysis.

Test cricket is amazing when it's like that I thought I had seen everything at edgbaston 2005 but that was even better!!! 

Stokes is the man but we need to drill home the advantage now otherwise it will be for nothing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Test cricket is amazing when it's like that I thought I had seen everything at edgbaston 2005 but that was even better!!! 

Stokes is the man but we need to drill home the advantage now otherwise it will be for nothing.

Lets hope its a Botham '81 moment whereby it completely changes the shape of the series. 

• Like 1

Â