Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just now, Xela said:

Too many moronic shots over both innings by England

Consistently been happening over the last few years and all we hear from Root and Bayliss is 'we know and are working to improve'.

Lost 5 wickets for 52 runs since lunch

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Too many moronic shots over both innings by England

Agreed. As good as Stokes has been in this innings his dismissal in the 1st innings was stupid. All of them have been pretty poor. 

I don't care how good the Aussie attack is, you'd back a county to hit more than bloody 67. 

2 minutes ago, andym said:

Consistently been happening over the last few years and all we hear from Root and Bayliss is 'we know and are working to improve'.

Both need to go.

edit: Root as captain I mean

Edited by Xela

1 minute ago, andym said:

Lost 5 wickets for 52 runs since lunch

You can certainly improve technique but many of the wickets in this test are just down to stupidity. 

I'm not sure you can improve that. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Agreed. As good as Stokes has been in this innings his dismissal in the 1st innings was stupid. All of them have been pretty poor. 

I don't care how good the Aussie attack is, you'd back a county to hit more than bloody 67. 

The Aussies are no great shakes, as we've got fairly close to nicking this despite playing suicidal cricket. 

A bit more composure and we'd have challenged for the Ashes this summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

WTF happened to Broad's batting, he used be really good. Could have been an all rounder 

Got that one that got through the gap between grille and peak and has never been the same since

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

WTF happened to Broad's batting, he used be really good. Could have been an all rounder 

I think a smack from a short ball destroyed his confidence. 

Â