Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

after the Windies the selectors said the Baristow batting at 3 experiment was over  ..so on that basis of his weak keeping and loss of batting form he should be out

Wasn’t aware of that. What was the reason, as didn’t seem terrible there? Would be willing to have him bat but not keep as seems to bat better when not keeping. If that isn’t an option for him then absolutely would take him out.

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How to lose the Ashes, even from winning positions. Joe Roots new book.

Root doesn't inspire confidence at all. Not like previous captains... Hussain, Vaughan, Strauss and Cook. 

He is well out of his depth. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

In other news... Haseeb Hameed being released by Lancs. What a fall from grace!

Loss of form or something more to it?

I really hope he has somewhere else lined up. If he doesn't, there's a real problem there.

Credit to Australia, they bowled superbly.

I fail to see what difference it makes with Root at 4 instead of 3, given the batting above him. So he comes in in the 4th over instead of the 6th? Root's technique is shot at the moment, he needs to do some serious work on his batting.

11 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Credit to Australia, they bowled superbly.

I fail to see what difference it makes with Root at 4 instead of 3, given the batting above him. So he comes in in the 4th over instead of the 6th? Root's technique is shot at the moment, he needs to do some serious work on his batting.

Yes can’t be faulted for his first innings dismissal. It was a brilliant ball. Did well to get some bat on it. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Being as it’s only a third day pitch. Bowl them out, bat properly second innings 1-1

I like the optimism but there's a fundamental floor with your thinking. 

We can't bat !!!!!

Archer running over and taking that inflatable off the steward and chucking it back to the crowd :crylaugh:

I know the serious people might not like it, especially given the situation we’re in, but I’m considering cheating on Grealish with him. 

• Like 1

Root is a brilliant player, he's just not captain material. I've played (when younger) with a captain who wasn't the best batsman or bowler, but he directed us well - lifted us when we needed it. Won game through having good vision on what to do. I've also played under brilliant batsmen and bowlers who couldn't cut it as captains, it takes a special personality.

• Like 1

Â