Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Originally they claimed if Windies batted 5 overs they would need 42. Considering that is quarter of the overs it is less than a quarter of Englands total score PLUS they have all 10 wickets remaining PLUS they have the powerplay overs.

Now that has benefited West Indies in every single way possible.

Deffinitely needs to be reviewed in the near future.

Ed Joyce?

He is meant to be coming back for the next World Cup with Hamish Marshall, it could add some needed batting in our top order,

pity Morgan isn't still here :(,

we do have Dockrell though :D...

But will George "Shane" Dockrell be Ingerlish by his 22nd birthday?

I don't think so, it seems him and Stirling are not like the ( traitor, turncoat ) that is Morgan,

Dockrell really does look good. So tomorrow is the day for Ireland :D...

BTW, Kieswetter is a Villa fan, I believe.

Just googled it... it is in fact true.

His mates asked him who he supported and he didn't have a team so he drew a team out of a hat and it was Villa.

Total farce. That was far too low a total to give them, the DL needs looking at.

Needs looking at for T20 certainly. 50 overs it is slightly fairer as it is a longer period of time, but in T20 games can literally be turned in a couple of balls which si why it is ridiculous. IIRC the same happened to us, against the West Indies, at the last one as well.

Originally they claimed if Windies batted 5 overs they would need 42. Considering that is quarter of the overs it is less than a quarter of Englands total score PLUS they have all 10 wickets remaining PLUS they have the powerplay overs.

Now that has benefited West Indies in every single way possible.

Deffinitely needs to be reviewed in the near future.

Helps the team with home advantage, keeps the crowds coming

Anyone see that "Acorns" Villa shirt in the crowd againt pakistan ? Worn by a lady I think. Good victory for England (even though there were no Warwickshire players :) )

Its nice to have two players at the top of the order for the 20/20 and one day formats of the game that can smash it about a bit and get us off to a flyer, something we've not really had since Trescothick, if lifts the pressure off those coming in afterwards. We've got some good players in the side at moment, like Lumb and Kieswetter at the top, and Eoin Morgan's done really well aswell. Got a well balanced side.

Anyone see that "Acorns" Villa shirt in the crowd againt pakistan ? Worn by a lady I think. Good victory for England (even though there were no Warwickshire players :) )

I saw a villa shirt but it was definitely a bloke.

England have been easily the most impressive team in this tournament so far. Top score in the tournament against the West Indies and screwed by an outdated rule. 3 wins in 3 in the group stages, including a hammering of South Africa (Pakistan and New Zealand games were quite comfortable by T20 standards too).

Great options with bowling (Jimmy Anderson can't even get in the team), great mix of attacking batsman (Pieterson, Morgan, Lumb, Wright) and players who can steady the ship (Kieswetter, Collingwood) AND good batsmen lower down the order (Swann, Bresnan, Broad). Fielding's been good, morale is good...

I know the semi's anything is possible - but this really has to be the best Twenty20 team England have had so far. When you think Luke Wright was OPENING in the last tournament, and is now coming in at number 6...

I think this tournament will be between England and Australia, 2 teams who've been under par in previous tournaments. Although you can never write off Pakistan, who are always shit, always scrape through and miraculously qualify, and then go on to win..

West Indies with their home support too - although I think they are too reliant on Chris Gayle.

All in all, I'm enjoying this Twenty20 tournament.

Fortunately, I've missed most of it.

So, we're on course to maybe win the International evening league? Great.

Snowy ! Were you the bloke who thought that the invention of the wheel was just a passing phase. I too am a "proper" cricket man (member @ Warks) but even I can see T20 is bringing a new dimension to the game which may eventually translate into "proper" cricket.

Example: yesterday Broad took a blinding catch on the boundary and was fully aware of where his feet were so he did not over-step(and he is pretty tall so quite an athletic feat)Cant see the guys from days of yore fielding like this. Do you think the limited over game (John Player League etc) brought something new to the game?

Â