Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Just a trivial thought; I notice that a number of batsmen are chewing gum whilst at the crease.As someone who played at the lowest level possible (although we once played West Bromwich Dartmouth 2nds in a midweek league 😁) is it a bit risky ? If you were hit hard you might swallow the gum or at worst choke on it .

This lad Archer is a bit good isn't he? It's a shame Jimmy is injured, a trio of Archer, Broad, and Anderson in English conditions would gave been a frightening prospect. 

The great thing moving forward is that i think Archer will be effective anywhere in the world, we've not always been great travellers from a bowling perspective. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

This lad Archer is a bit good isn't he? It's a shame Jimmy is injured, a trio of Archer, Broad, and Anderson in English conditions would gave been a frightening prospect. 

The great thing moving forward is that i think Archer will be effective anywhere in the world, we've not always been great travellers from a bowling perspective. 

I bet his agents phone is ringing non stop with people wanting to throw money at him.

Jofra will be a legend if he stays fit. I can't ever remember a player coming straight  into test cricket with an impact like this.

Interesting that all the Aussies whingeing about Archer being West Indian are curiously silent about Marnus Labuschagne - born in South Africa to South African parents.

Now (IMO) that was brilliant fast bowling by Archer. Damned fast but aiming at the wickets (or just outside off stump) not the batsman's head. Surely England can't mess this up now can they ? (unlike Warks 🙄)

55 minutes ago, veloman said:

Now (IMO) that was brilliant fast bowling by Archer. Damned fast but aiming at the wickets (or just outside off stump) not the batsman's head. Surely England can't mess this up now can they ? (unlike Warks 🙄)

England are quite capable of bowling a side out for 19 and still messing it up. But fingers crossed we can get 350+ and walk this one home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Jofra will be a legend if he stays fit. 

I don't want to tempt fate, but he has such an easy/relaxed looking action that i hope will serve him well on the injury front. 

how typical. 

Changed my mind again, Roy experiment is done for. Either lower down the order or not in the side please.  Useless.

I know Root got a good ball, but he's done **** all in an England test side for a while. Good at reviews, I'll give him that, but otherwise, he's as much a piece of deadwood as the likes of Roy and Denly.

Good bowling poor batting. Got the best of the conditions too. Roy has to go and Root should bat at 4. All the top batsman Kohli, smith bat at 4. Why move up to 3 to because of the shortcomings of the top order. 

• Like 1

Dreadful batting and with it a total lack of discipline.

wtf happens to them when they take to the crease as all of the coaching techniques, the assessments of the bowlers, conditions etc all go out of the window when they get to the middle. Pathetic.

The selectors have a lot to answer for, they have accommodated the ''stars'' from the one day world cup winning team. Most of which have not played any red ball cricket for a long time. Add that to the playing order and that tells me they are also culpable.

We now have it all to do just to save a draw !!!!!

• Like 1

Â