Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

So when can we start saying England are the number 1 cricket team in the world?

We have to win the series by two clear Tests. So England have win the next Test, or not lose the next two, to be number one.

yeah, that's India done - wouldn't be surprised to see something of a collapse in the second session, either way I expect they'll be out by the end of the day for around 200 odd.

well, not exactly remotely close to being an outlandish prediction but 5 wickets down for 60 odd runs is collapsy enough for me.

will be aiming for the lower end of '200-odd' mind though it seems...

Sreesanth gone!! We have played this match like number 1 team. I would love it if we whitewashed India now. A new power is rising. It's victory is at hand!!

Yep. Broad MotM.

108 runs, 8 wickets and a hattrick. Remember his first innings basically kept us alive too, he came in at 120 odd for 6.

Not bad for a player who many thought should have been dropped at the start of the series.

Said before, I remember back in the day when I was at school and we were crap, I had a lot of Pakistan and India fans in my class and school who ripped the piss out of me (although, when it came to cricket they loved me...teehee) so seeing us like this now is just amazing for all the crap we went through, low scores, crap players, poor performances for years we now do things the way Australia did for so long - and it must be so frustrating for our opponents.

I was invited to play cricket in a few weeks for a charity match, wish I had said yes but I am worried I don't have it anymore!!! :P

It's the age of our players that's most promising.

Australia, South Africa have aging squads and their younger players aren't looking ready to step up. India soon to lose Tendulka, Dravid, Laxman.. Pakistan young players not quite stepping up and continually changing their team around.

England :

Broad, 25

Bresnan, 26

Cook, 26

Finn, 22

Anderson, Bell and Tremlett, 29

Then we have the likes of Keiswetter, 22, to come through still.

This is not only a fantastic team, but it's a team who will have many many years playing together.

Â