Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

5 hours ago, John said:

Smith is among the very best Aussie batsmen that I have seen. Greg Chappell, Allan Border, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke, were special batsmen, but Smith's figures are nearing Bradman's. We are currently witnessing one of the best at his best.

Yes thinking the same myself today. Hard to get him out. Has so much time to play the ball. Kohli might be the best batsman across all formats but smith is the best test batsman.

although there is turn it’s very slow and I see no reason why England can’t bat out the day and get the draw. It’s mentality though and hope they take a leaf out of burns in the first innings. 

• Like 1

Can’t see us batting out the day, Roy will go slashing shots at one pint and get out too easily. We’ll then have our standard collapse and be 7 wickets down adding - further 30. 

Odd how woakes didn’t bowl much today

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Odd how woakes didn’t bowl much today

Did wonder if he was moving all that easily; perhaps a slight niggle  - don't know. Of course Lloyd stated earlier that he wouldn't have picked him .... but then he is from Lancashire😂

Where are those showers☔that we were promised?

The pessimist in me says that we will fold by early afternoon for around 140. The optimist expects a couple of our batsmen to bat long and do passable impersonations of Boycott and Atherton in their prime. I'm looking forward to the captains shaking hands with ten overs left and no more than four wickets down later on today. 😉

3 minutes ago, John said:

Where are those showers☔that we were promised?

The pessimist in me says that we will fold by early afternoon for around 140. The optimist expects a couple of our batsmen to bat long and do passable impersonations of Boycott and Atherton in their prime. I'm looking forward to the captains shaking hands with ten overs left and no more than four wickets down later on today. 😉

End of day 3 and a lot of the pundits were saying 200 runs would be very tough to chase down on day 5  ... don't know if the pitch has changed in the meantime but batting the whole day could be a big ask

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Have the umpires got anything right in this test? Unreal. 

Yep, I'm not normally one to lay in to umpires as it's not an easy job but this Test has just been remarkable with the number of errors from them. Some of the mistakes have been utter shockers..

• Like 1

What is wrong with these people?

Umpires with utter howlers and then when they get a decision spot on the batsman isn't sure that he's nicked it when it's happened right under his nose?

Given how poor the umpiring decisions have been, losing a review to something like that from Root & Denly was foolish.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

The plump lady's clearing her throat isn't she?

Come on England at least go down with a fight, rather than a whimper. Bairstow and dare I mention it Moheen, both owe us an innings after these two. 

Â