Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I know Australia have quite a lot of left handers that Mo can target, but Smith averages about 100 against him.  We would probably be better off with a left arm spinner or leg spinner just to test Smith more and trust the other bowlers to get the other batsmen out.  

Absolutely ! So why no Rashid ? Is he only considered a 'white ball' player ?

53 minutes ago, veloman said:

Absolutely ! So why no Rashid ? Is he only considered a 'white ball' player ?

Sort of...

By his own admission, he said his heart isn't in red ball cricket and doesn't want to play it for county team. 

Bizarrely, since he said that (February '18) he was still picked by England for the test team! 

I see Fiddler Smith is going to be another of those irritating words removed that plays amazingly against England. See Steve Waugh.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John said:

Smith is the difference isn't he? We need someone to do the same for us once, they have decided they've got enough runs. Otherwise we will be relying on the weather. 

Averages over 70 in his last 3 to 4 years in tests. Simply wonderful. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Yesterday the atmosphere was brilliant.

I too, was very, very drunk.. i ate chicken wings ffs.

The stand selling them amazing Indian Wraps is the only reason I’m still alive today. 

• Haha 1

Smith is among the very best Aussie batsmen that I have seen. Greg Chappell, Allan Border, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke, were special batsmen, but Smith's figures are nearing Bradman's. We are currently witnessing one of the best at his best.

I'm backing Roy to go and get a run a ball century tomorrow. England to reach 180-1 to make everyone think "We just might win this"... then collapse to 230 all out. It would be the only true English way of doing things!

Either way, it's been a good match so far and one in the eye for those pushing for 4 day tests.

• Haha 1

Â