Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Umpiring is shit nowadays. Every run out appeal, even if miles in/out is checked. They used to be able to make these decisions themselves with a good degree of accuracy

World cup was shocking. Technology has cut their balls off I think

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think this has draw written all over it

I’m not so sure. 

Can't see us finishing with a massive lead after the first innings (especially if they get an early 1/2 tomorrow) and equally I can’t see them hanging around for long enough in their 2nd innings either. 

Weather will be interesting on Sunday. Thunderstorms forecast late afternoon, so the ball might do a bit in the build up too. 

If we can put another 150-200 on from here, I think we’ll win. 

Feared the worst as Burns has been well out of form this season but great time to rediscover it .

need to get a lead of about 150 though as we could be a bowler down and that pitch won’t be great on day 5 when we potentially bat second 

• Like 3

If Anderson can't (doesn't want to risk) run i guess he's just going to try and smash every ball for 6. Might be a entertaining 3 balls 😋

Edited by av1

As one of the World's greatest cricket experts😁, I have been saying Ali isn't worth his place for some time now. However, with the (probable) enforced change of Anderson for Archer, I really wouldn't be surprised if the Selectors don't drop him. Despite picking up that fortuitous wicket today , he has still been bloomin' expensive. 

Edited by veloman

35 minutes ago, veloman said:

As one of the World's greatest cricket experts😁, I have been saying Ali isn't worth his place for some time now. However, with the (probable) enforced change of Anderson for Archer, I really wouldn't be surprised if the Selectors don't drop him. Despite picking up that fortuitous wicket today , he has still been bloomin' expensive. 

I know Australia have quite a lot of left handers that Mo can target, but Smith averages about 100 against him.  We would probably be better off with a left arm spinner or leg spinner just to test Smith more and trust the other bowlers to get the other batsmen out.  

Â