Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Fair play to Dhoni, but there is a part of me a little disappointed, it would have livened up the rest of the series. I would have been slightly disappointed if England had appealed.

bell gone - oddly glad he's not got himself too many runs after the controversy even though he did nothing wrong!

He diddo something wrong, he never checked the ball went for 4 or the umpire called over.

Anyway good faith and sportsmanship has cost India 21 runs.

Sunny Gavaskar and CMJ both thoroughly spot on, just, in their exchange about the Bell incident, the preamble, setting an example and so on (and Sunny's remarks about the England players' reaction to Dravid's hundred if that was the case).

Well thanks for the spelling coreczion ;P

Out of the 8 sky presenters, all international cricketers, only shane 'spirit of the law' warne felt bell was hard done by. I think there'll be some questions asked about the entourage who visited dhoni in order to ask him to review his appeal. If we're playing by the spirit of the law, then anderson really shouldn't be going off for a rest a few overs before the new ball is ready.

Well thanks for the spelling coreczion ;P

Out of the 8 sky presenters, all international cricketers, only shane 'spirit of the law' warne felt bell was hard done by. I think there'll be some questions asked about the entourage who visited dhoni in order to ask him to review his appeal. If we're playing by the spirit of the law, then anderson really shouldn't be going off for a rest a few overs before the new ball is ready.

No worries.;-)

I wouldn't disagree with you about the spirit of the game.

Not surprised about Warne, tbh. I remember him going out of his way to go and shake Pietersen's hand after his innings at the Oval. I know Pietersen is his mate but that suggested the level of sportsmanship (like the Freddie/Brett Lee moment) that ought to be what the game is about. I think some of the Aussies get/got an undeserved bad press (especially when they had the likes of Gilchrist there all along).

^^^^ but on the other hand, Snowy, the aussies have had their fair share of arrogant knobheads too - Ponting, Hayden, Symonds (isn't he a Brummie really?), McGrath - good players all, but who all like to think that they are 'hard done by' whenever decisions go against them. Just sayin'.

^^^^ but on the other hand, Snowy, the aussies have had their fair share of arrogant knobheads too - Ponting, Hayden, Symonds (isn't he a Brummie really?), McGrath - good players all, but who all like to think that they are 'hard done by' whenever decisions go against them. Just sayin'.

Very true, mate. Though didn't Punter say he hadn't caught something in the last Ashes series when it looked like he had?

I wasn't suggesting the Aussies were squeaky clean (as no team is - I don't think we are at the moment) but that our perception of them was a little incorrect.

Â