Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Strauss has had a poor series so far, but he's not had long term problems - he has played well for us in the immediate medium and longer past. World Cup century etc, runs in the Ashes etc. KP's been far worse.

• 3 weeks later...

When I have recovered from this afternoons bike race on the A50 in Derbyshire, I shall shortly be taking-up the postion of Chairman of Selectors for England !

I must know more about cricket than they do - how on Earth could they leave-out Ian Bell !!!!!!!! That must be one of the daftest decisions I have seen for years in cricket. Any thoughts ?

When I have recovered from this afternoons bike race on the A50 in Derbyshire, I shall shortly be taking-up the postion of Chairman of Selectors for England !

I must know more about cricket than they do - how on Earth could they leave-out Ian Bell !!!!!!!! That must be one of the daftest decisions I have seen for years in cricket. Any thoughts ?

100% agree. Possibly the most in form batman we have, a ridiculous call to leave him out. My biggest gripe still with the T20 and ODI side is, what the **** does Luke Wright bring to the team? He can't bat, and he can't bowl! What a **** chancer he is! Also I worry about having Broad as captain. I fear that he's just not up to the job.

how on Earth could they leave-out Ian Bell !!!!!!!! That must be one of the daftest decisions I have seen for years in cricket. Any thoughts ?
Yes and no. He's a fantastic player, in the form of his life, so the team would have been better with him in it...BUT. it was a 20-20 where they are trying out a lot of new players, looking to identify and build a team for the next T20 WC. A one off game v Sri Lanka is neither here nor there. Also Belly gets a rest, having played every single game for England since last year's start of the Ashes tour. Missing one meaningless T20 is harmless. He also seemed to be limping a bit in the test match, on the last day, so the rest would be a good thing in the longer term, for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been a fantastic Test Match. Game just moving away from India now, but this could still go either way. This is what the English Summer was made for.

England definitely in the driving seat now though. Going to be declaring with a record total to be chased in the next half hour or so.

then bowl them out around tea tomorrow with luck, give sachin a century in the process and everyone's happy :P

Â