Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

and Evans.  We do have to sort our death bowling out. Its been dire the last few games. Can't allow teams to get that many at the end and expect to win too many. 

Haha, sorry, I meant Evans.

Even last night I was getting them mixed up for some reason.

Evans was a good sport on the boundary, there was a group of Asian lads who were giving him friendly banter, but wouldn't stop.  He took it in good nature though.

I think its better to look long-term and back the young players from the academy. Webb won't make it. We'll probably have a top order next season including Chopra, Bell, Trott and Hain, then theres Andy Umeed and England u19 star Thomason who have just signed 4 year contracts. d

I think its better to look long-term and back the young players from the academy. Webb won't make it. We'll probably have a top order next season including Chopra, Bell, Trott and Hain, then theres Andy Umeed and England u19 star Thomason who have just signed 4 year contracts. d

Still think we need an opening batsman, too many times this season we have resorted to using stop gaps at the top of the order because we have no openers.

Also Westwood isn't getting any younger, Chopra is horribly out of form and Porterfield is too inconsistent. 

Also, what about Lewis? He's 24 and only has 8 T20 games to his name with a poor average of 14 and a highest score of 27.

Another one that might be let go at the end of the season along with Webb?

Yes Lewis wont make it. Him and Webb I remember seeing play for the seconds 6 years ago, Westwood is younger than Bell so should have a few more years in him. Chopra has just had a poor season, maybe change the captain next season and his form could return. Umeed is an opener who has great promise. 

We're one of the frontrunners to sign David Willey apparently

source?

Pretty widely mooted that Northants will let him leave this winter to a div one side who will enable him to enhance international prospects. I think the article that mentioned us a keen suitor was on cricinfo.

I reckon David Willey would be a tremendous acquisition, as would have been James Taylor, who Warks were also linked with !!! 

On a different note, it seems that members don't get in to the T20 quarter finals on their membership; is this new 'cos we were away last year and I can't remember the year before that.

I reckon David Willey would be a tremendous acquisition, as would have been James Taylor, who Warks were also linked with !!! 

On a different note, it seems that members don't get in to the T20 quarter finals on their membership; is this new 'cos we were away last year and I can't remember the year before that.

Never have done! As far back as i can remember 2007 always had to pay. 

Man, I'd love Ryan Ten Deschante.  I know he'd never come, but he'd be awesome.

Yes big fan myself. One of my fav batsman. He's an Essex man though in that he's played for that county for so many years. 

Edited by PaulC

Â