Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Meh, I hate cricket!

I'd rather staple my cock to an angry stampeding wildebeest than watch, listen to or play the game.

That would make a great TV show :-)

anyone playing cricket themselves today?

I'm playing Henley in arden at our ground nearish Warwick. Weather looks pretty pants though.

England are 11-1, not looking great batting conditions.

Meh, I hate cricket!

I'd rather staple my cock to an angry stampeding wildebeest than watch, listen to or play the game.

Same. I once went round to my mate's house and he asked me if I wanted to listen to warwickshire play on the radio.

I just laughed in his face.

Prior gets century, Ingerland declare, Pak need 435 to win.

Excellent No.11 batting from Finn - facing 50 deliveries, only scoring off 3 of them - and ensuring prior wasn't left stranded.

Pakistan completely folded today. Anderson bowled well and continues to do so at Trent Bridge but Pakistan have a real lack of application in the batting line up IMO. There are a few players in there that look as if they do not have the temperament to bat at test level. In fact two or three of their so called 'tail enders' have batted better than their top order. Take Umar Amin, Azhar Ali, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Kamran Akmal. It really isn't a strong enough line up when, in previous years, there was Inzamam, Younus Khan, Mohammad Yousef etc. playing there.

It is a shame really because their bowling attack looks top class. Very impressed with the young lad who is 18, Mohammed Aamer. Seems aggressive and likes playing the game. Gul and Asif can also be two of the best swing bowlers in the world, on their game.

As for England we look good, but I worry this team will not be good enough down under in Australia. Especially when you have Pietersen and Cook who can't seem to buy a score at the moment. I'm still not sure about the lad Finn either. Looks good but needs to have something else in his locker apart from his height. He will get better though. Should win the series by two tests I feel.

Pakistan's batting was simply lacking experience I think. The ball was swinging wildly and it was in the hands of one of the best swing bowlers in the world. There was no need for them to play at some of the shots that were getting them out in both innings. I know it's tricky when the ball is swinging that much, but alot were trying to play at balls which really they should have been leaving, and paying the price.

I'm still not sure about the lad Finn either.

I think he looks the best England prospect in years. Better than Broad.

Concur with that. Not a McGrath, but potentially an upgrade to a Fraser.

I'm still not sure about the lad Finn either.

We'll see. To be fair you didn't quote the bit where I said he would improve to be decent enough IMO. I think it is just lacking experience at the moment which he might learn in this series.

Better than Woakes do you think ? Dont forget Chris Woakes can bat a bit too. No bias from me of course :)

We'll see. To be fair you didn't quote the bit where I said he would improve to be decent enough IMO. I think it is just lacking experience at the moment which he might learn in this series.

We'll see if he fulfills that promise, yes.

The reason I didn't quote the rest was because I wasn't explicitly criticizing your opinion but just wishing to express mine.

I think the experience point is very valid as he's only played something like 40 first class games, I think. I reckon he could be a real handful on some of the Aussie pitches but, in general, I'd go along with Gringo's post and say he could be a Fraser type (or upgrade but that would be really good).

Â