Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

for those people who love villa and cricket, this coming sunday at Lapworth Cricket Club they are playing some old aston villa players in a one day match. There will be a bit of a fete going on as well so if you fancy watching some old villa players, playing some cricket head on down to Lapworth cricket club.

it's a village just the other side of Hockley Heath (nr Shirley)

It was kind of pleasant to see the optimistic view that auntie was taking this morning of Warks current match

Tahir takes six as Bears seek win

Imran Tahir takes 6-69 as Warwickshire go into the final day at Chester-le-Street needing a further 243 for victory against Durham.

And the result?

Warwickshire 2nd Innings

134 all out (48.2 overs)

It was kind of pleasant to see the optimistic view that auntie was taking this morning of Warks current match

Tahir takes six as Bears seek win

Imran Tahir takes 6-69 as Warwickshire go into the final day at Chester-le-Street needing a further 243 for victory against Durham.

And the result?

Warwickshire 2nd Innings

134 all out (48.2 overs)

that is shocking, I don't care how well someone bowls to lose 7 wickets for what...23 runs?

Warwickshire have barely got 10 batting points this season. Their batting is worse than my village clubs atm.

I saw that, **** horrendous.

We have the highest amount of bowling bonus points in the league, and the lowest batting points.

9 battings points from 8 games, unbelieveable.

I saw that, **** horrendous.

We have the highest amount of bowling bonus points in the league, and the lowest batting points.

9 battings points from 8 games, unbelieveable.

Yep - dead right ! I suppose you have to admit that they were without Ian Bell and Jonathon Trott (I think) but that was a terrible result.

Are they going to regret not getting a top rate overseas player 'cos most other sides seem to have one or is it that the coaching is just not up to it?

You would love it to work 'cos there are a lot of old Warks players involved: Dougie Brown, Graeme Welch and even Keith Piper I think.

They have just sent me an offer of "a bargain price " to renew our membership for 6 years. Hmm !

It hasn't really been a great month for England in international sporting terms has it...

Well apart from the football team, I'm not sure I can agree. We recorded a series win over Australia, won the first of the ODIs against Bangladesh then narrowly lost the next. Obviously losing to Bangladesh is pretty poor, but in the long run isn't a major issue. I'm struggling to think of any other sports were England (or the English) have under performed?

• 2 weeks later...

Pakistan needing 40 to win this morning with 7 wicketws standing, have made 13 runs for the loss of two wickets.

Wonder if the bookies have taken a few unusual bets on austrialia today?

No one keeping up with the England Pakistan test?

England were 337 for 5 and then one of our famous collapses ensued and we were all out for 354

In reply Pakistan are currently 54-6, England well in control

Â