Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

I have Opera configured for exceptionally quick wikipediaing...

Ctrl-Alt-N => new tab (none of this Ctrl-T bollocks)

"wp Unicorns" => address shortcut for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorns

from there to the disambiguation page and the relevant wiki page

Or you could just type whatever it is you're looking for into the little Wikipedia search bar in the top right corner of Firefox.

Or you could just type whatever it is you're looking for into the little Wikipedia search bar in the top right corner of Firefox.

That clutters the UI and requires more clicking.

It's a little white bar next to the main address bar, it's hardly an eye sore.

Also where do you get more clicking from? You need one click to type into the search bar and that's it.

You sound like an Opera fanboy. :lol:

It's a little white bar next to the main address bar, it's hardly an eye sore.

Also where do you get more clicking from? You need one click to type into the search bar and that's it.

And that doesn't take you direct to the page, but to the search result page, which means more clicking.

Further, you're going to want to search things besides wikipedia, right? So each of those presumably requires its own white bar next to the address bar, which is clutter (or you merge all the possible search options into one bar, which requires clicking or excessive keystrokes to select the desired search engine.

And that doesn't take you direct to the page, but to the search result page, which means more clicking.

Further, you're going to want to search things besides wikipedia, right? So each of those presumably requires its own white bar next to the address bar, which is clutter (or you merge all the possible search options into one bar, which requires clicking or excessive keystrokes to select the desired search engine.

It does take you direct to the page though Levi. It also bypasses your disambiguation page.

And they'll be celebrating in the streets of Johannesburg tonight.......

Too much to ask that you just be happy we have won something?

Where did I say I was unhappy?

EDIT: But you must fin it rather strange that of the 148 runs scored by England only 12 runs were scored and five balls faced by an Englishman

to be fair though it's their own fault for having a racial quota for sporting teams.

cost them KP.

also the British Empire does have its benefits when it comes to English cricket.

Thorpe

Hussein

Alan Lamb

countless others.

Aussies will no doubt say it was the southies that won it, but considering their best aussie footballer parents aren't australian they can hardly talk.

I mean KPs mother is English so it's not like it's his grandmother or anything.

cost them KP.

also the British Empire does have its benefits when it comes to English cricket.

Thorpe

Is that Graham Thorpe ? I thought he was English borne and bred; am I wrong ?

Graham Hick would have been a good example for the Worcs supporter(s) - assuming there are more than one of them :D

I watched county cricket for the first time in years today. Frankly, you can't call many of them athletes, can you? Even Harmison who is on the fringes of the England team looked like he was about to have a heart attack every time he completed his run up.

And they'll be celebrating in the streets of Johannesburg tonight.......

Too much to ask that you just be happy we have won something?

Where did I say I was unhappy?

EDIT: But you must fin it rather strange that of the 148 runs scored by England only 12 runs were scored and five balls faced by an Englishman

It just gets a bit tedious, watching the game on Sky yesterday, had to put with Greg Chappell I think it was, Aussie commentator sticking the boot in about it all the time.

I don't see what the fuss is about. Admittedly I would rather the side be full of English players, but players like Pietersen, his mother is English and he's spent a large part of his life living here, he's got as much right to play for us as he has South Africa.

Not so much with the other two, Morgan is only playing for us as he'll never be able to represent Ireland at the highest level, and the same for Kieswetter. They've got some silly quota system they have to fulfill in SA so the door gets shut in the faces of some talented players like Kieswetter. But isn't one of his parents British though?

Anyway, well done England :)

Aussies will no doubt say it was the southies that won it
Absolute tosh. Everyone knows that the Ingerlish cricket team have never won a trophy without an Oirishman in the team

Ireland World Champions FTW.

Hampshire got 341-6 from their 40 overs against Warwickshire.

Can't see us winning this, but who knows.

Goes completely against the formbook so far, Bears have won all 5, Hampshire have lost all 4 of theirs.

Can't see us winning this, but who knows.

Goes completely against the formbook so far, Bears have won all 5, Hampshire have lost all 4 of theirs.

Was spared this humiliation 'cos was riding a time trial in Nottinghamshire so couldnt go. Did an appalling time in the race and then got back to this ! So a great day all round.

Does anyone know what has happened to Chris Woakes ?

Does anyone know what has happened to Chris Woakes ?

He played for the Lions against Bangladesh the other day.

Ah thanks for that - cheers ! I wondered if he was on some sort of international duty. Warks have certainly missed him.

My T20 tickets have just come so hope he is back for them.

Â