Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Snowy ! Were you the bloke who thought that the invention of the wheel was just a passing phase.

Cheeky sod. :D

Anyway, this isn't the invention of the wheel, this is the Sinclair C5. :winkold:

Generally, fielding has been improving in leaps and bounds (no pun intended) in the last couple of decades. I'm not so sure that limited overs cricket had a great deal to do with that. The huge increase in professionalism has had more to do with it, I'd say.

You could argue that was partly because of the limited overs game but I'm not sure it wouldn't have happened anyway.

I can't really see what else evening league will be bringing to other forms of cricket.

I watched a little of the England (v SA) game the other day and I found it quite dull.

Example: yesterday Broad took a blinding catch on the boundary and was fully aware of where his feet were so he did not over-step(and he is pretty tall so quite an athletic feat). Cant see the guys from days of yore fielding like this

I didn't see Broad's catch so I can't really comment on it.

Must admit that I wasn't a big fan of T20 either, I'll watch it on the box, and have been to one game, but this WC is pretty good watching. I think the skills the players have developed because of T20 (and before that other Ltd overs cricket) has definitely changed the longer game. Faster scoring rates, chasing down higher totals, rather than settling for a draw, new field placings, new ways to try and contain. All kinds.

I don't much like the way the IPL has tried to mke T20 the be all and end all, but it's definitely got its place, and overall I like it.

Haha, SL batsmen goes to play a hook/pull shot, completely misses the ball and the bat nearly reaches the edge of the inner circle!

Next ball, same shot, goes for four this time!

Yeah, 3 wides off his final over.

No one OBE, I think he was just having a word with Collingwood.

Angelo Mathews has just reached his half-century

SL 128-6 off their 20.

Some great bowling and fielding, too.

Should win this.

Mathews definitely saved their arses there, at least they have something to defend.

We're looking good at this stage - three more decent overs for us and we should be in for a comfortable chase.

Although the beeb are much more interested in taking the mick out of Pietersen who is apparently in a fair old tizzy having worked his way into a furious mood in the field.

Â